• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vikings 2008

Bush is properly used by his coach to take advantage of his talents, speed and open field running.

AD is used by Chili to set up 4th quarter hail mary's to Berrian. :sign: Chili should be using AD the same way Bud Grant used Chuck Foreman, as a running back and throwing flares to the outside. No LB in the league can catch Bush or AD. The Saints use Bush the correct way.

As a Saints fan, what an embarrassment! They do use Bush very well, but they should use Duece a lot more to slow down the defensive pass rush. The Saints also need some remedial ball holding/handling skills.

Peterson is great, but when he is the only offensive weapon you have, it is easy for the defense to key on him. If I were a head coach, I would trade Bush for Peterson as a pure running back in a heartbeat (Bush is exciting in the return department).

Overall, I think the Saints kept thinking they were going to make an easy comeback to win the game.

Still sucks to be a Saints fan.

Ken

WHAT A WIN!

THE MOST EXCITING VICTORY IN YEARS!

Almost as exciting as the fire Childress chants! :0

It looks like the Vikes are really proving the "play to the level of your opponent" thing.

What a kick ass offense! :laugh:

I watched that "game" for about 1 and 1/2 quarters and am still wondering who I see about getting that hour of my life back. I can't remember an uglier game recently. Childress cannot be sleeping easily these days.

At what point does Zygi get embarrassed enough to make a change?

Quote from the Strib "We didn't expect them to blitz as much". Aren't the coaches supposed to be able to make in game adjustments? The offensive coaches pretty much suck, Chili included.

At what point does Zygi get embarrassed enough to make a change?

Quote from the Strib "We didn't expect them to blitz as much". Aren't the coaches supposed to be able to make in game adjustments? The offensive coaches pretty much suck, Chili included.

They've been blitzing like crazy since the 3rd qtr of the San Francisco game. Marinelli has said many times the last couple of weeks that they will need to blitz more to get more pressure on the QB. Put that together with a QB that isn't exactly a picture of mobility (especially after injuring his ankle in the first qtr) and NFL coaches can't figure out that there may be some blitzing going on? Did they come up with the game plan during the preseason and not look at it since?

These guys are frickin' geniuses! :rolleyes:

(I'm getting pissed off and I'm not even a Vikings fan! I do watch every week because that's what's on, but I"m not a fan at all.)

Another great Viking gone. :(
Kassulke's story is an interesting one. He certainly had the reputation of a heavy hitter and as a great teammate. A lot of these old timers don't get the recognition they deserve. The NFL would be today's NHL without the work and toil of these guys. It's a shame the NFL doesn't even really recognize them as they should. :(

It continues to amaze me how the Vikings still garner negative attention during a bye week (diuretics?). At least there weren't any boats involved this time.

Met him at the hospital where his child was born. Happened to be the same day and hospital as my daughter. He was already in a wheelchair but boy he sure looked like he could bring it. Very nice guy. Truly sad.

I remember the day the accident happened, and the sadness that went along with it.

I wouldn't have wanted to run a crossing pattern against him, he definately cleaned a few clocks.

Chilli did it............He beat the Pack!

This afternoon's MVPs

For MN Adrian Peterson

For Green Bay Gus Frerotte

At this point, I cannot imagine Jackson being a whole lot worse than Ferrotte. He looked absolutely horrible against the Pack.

By the way, I switched to the game just as they were replaying the first safety and I missed out on the explanation. All I saw was Rogers falling down and flinging the ball forward and the call was Illegal Forward Pass. What was the explanation behind this as what I saw didn't fit the illegal forward pass definition. They only thing I could think of was grounding but that wasn't the call.

At this point, I cannot imagine Jackson being a whole lot worse than Ferrotte. He looked absolutely horrible against the Pack.

By the way, I switched to the game just as they were replaying the first safety and I missed out on the explanation. All I saw was Rogers falling down and flinging the ball forward and the call was Illegal Forward Pass. What was the explanation behind this as what I saw didn't fit the illegal forward pass definition. They only thing I could think of was grounding but that wasn't the call.

I never heard an actual explanation during the broadcast, but that doesn't mean one wasn't given.

From ProFootballTalk.com:

"In an e-mail on Sunday night, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said that it wasn’t an illegal forward pass, per se. 'It was intentional grounding,' Aiello wrote. 'The QB was out of the pocket but he didn’t get the ball back to the line of scrimmage. The ball was snapped from the 10 and the ball landed at the 8. The referee announced illegal forward pass, which is what intentional grounding is.'"

Double talk trying not to make the referee look bad.

Either way, it doesn't really matter. Intentional grounding or illegal forward pass (which it was not) in the endzone is a safety. Had the foul been committed outside of the endzone this could have opened a can of worms as the penalty for each foul is quite different.

The Vikings defense really came through for them. They played very well.

Chilli did it............He beat the Pack!

No, that was All Day and Allen beating the Pack. Chili's special teams again gave up a TD and I'm sure they will have the record in the next two weeks.

Peterson continues to amaze me.

Allen was worth every penny and draft pick.

Cook continues to suck at RT, but excels at being a matador.

It actually WAS an illegal forward pass. When you use an 'unnatural' throwing motion a few things have to happen.

A: the pass has to have a legitimate chance of being completed. (I think everyone knows that the chance of it being completed was about .001%)

B: the pass has to at least get back to the LOS. (The ball came up about 3 yrds short of the LOS and about 8 yrds short of the nearest receiver)

The call looks to be correct but the outcome (safety) was 1000% accurate.

Back