• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a Deschutes Hop in The Dark from 2010... very very hoppy and a strong coffee/ almost bitter flavor. Can't say that I liked it or disliked it. Kind of an odd combo for my palate. Snacked on some chocolate and some lightly salted peanuts which kind of complimented it. Debating whether to get a couple more bottles or not since I don't know what it tastes like fresh and missed this years 2011 release to compare it to.

Today was my buddy's "Hoppy Birthday" party where we tapped a few IPA kegs we've been holding on to for a bit.

On Tap:
09 dogfish head Burton Baton
Dark Horse Smells Like Weed dipa
Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree
Dogfish Head HellHound
Bells Hopsolution
Blue Point hand pump firkin. It was decent, light White IPA. Not bad, but not my cup of tea.
and a Kuhnhen aged Oaked Cherry Sour that I forgot the name of.

We also broke out a bottle of 6yr (ish... 5 or 6yr old) Speedway Stout from Ale Smith.

good times

I am new to drinking beer for taste. Sure is better than drinking whatever was on sale. Last night I had 12oz of Boston Lager Holiday Porter. Man, that was some good stuff.

I am new to drinking beer for taste. Sure is better than drinking whatever was on sale. Last night I had 12oz of Boston Lager Holiday Porter. Man, that was some good stuff.

Welcome to the dark side! :thumbs:

Hehe, no lie!

Last night I tried a Clown Shoes Lubrication(kind of a typical black lager, not bad but nothing standout), a Yeti Imperial Russian Stout(good, powerful coffee flavor) and a Victory Imperial Russian(best of the three).

The two new Sam Adams releases...the Thirteenth Hour and a bottle of New World. The 13th Hour was really good, thick, chocolatey/coffee flavor...I didn't pick up any oak from the aging barrels, but that could be me. The New World was kinda fruity with quite the kick...both good...$10 a bottle good?...I dunno.

Still digging the hell out of the Dogfish Head Punkin Ale...love that stuff with a nice cigar!

Yesterday I enjoyed a
Titletown Brewing Company Dark Helmet Schwartzbier

draft beer from the local growler station. 1st time i'd drank this one. It was very tasty.

Had my first ever Deschutes Jubelale, sweet and viscous with a nice pale finish.

Various drinks from st. Arnolds sailing santa ( drank 3 bombers today and I'm buzing off my ass) to pecan poter yest.....which was fantastic, plus new belgiums Clutch was off the chain.......recommend this sour beer........def pickingg up a couple bombers of it...

Various drinks from st. Arnolds sailing santa ( drank 3 bombers today and I'm buzing off my ass) to pecan poter yest.....which was fantastic, plus new belgiums Clutch was off the chain.......recommend this sour beer........def pickingg up a couple bombers of it...

This is a man who is not lying.

I have been working my way through the first bottles of Celebration from SN. I love this time of year!!! Also happened to find a bottle shop that still had Abyss 2010 and Abacus, so I got another 2 bottles for the cellar.

FW Double Jack in the snifter tonight. Too lazy to wash one of my tulips. First time Ive had this one, and I really enjoy it. Very similar to Pliny, with a bright citrus hop flavor, but the sweet caramel malt backbone to balance it out. I think this one may be less than fresh, but it was kept in the cooler.

I tried the 2011 Schell Snowstorm tonight. Good flavors of toffee and chocolate, but a little too sugary-sweet and a bitter mineral, hard water kind of undertone. Not up to the standards set by the last few incarnations.

Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale
Shiner Holiday Cheer
Sam Adams Winter Lager
Leinenkugel Fireside Nut Brown
Magic Hat Black As Night Lager

Samuel Smith Winter Welcome
Tommyknocker Maple Nut Brown Ale
Tommyknocker Cocoa Porter

I had a couple of Ugly Pugs and Abita's 25 anni Vanilla Doubledog. I need to find me some Clutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.