• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying with friends near Dupont Circle. I finally had my first Yuengling. Not bad. Not bad at all.

So which B&M shops should I make sure to visit?

Avery's Reverend today for lunch. Nice session beer if you don't mind being DRONK, it ain't yer coors light at all..

I had some Смирнов or something close to that. I guess its like Smirnof but its the real russian drink. Its pretty smooth. It kinda smelled like rubbing alcohol at first but it sure didn't taste like it. It was actually pretty damn good. :thumbs:

I had some Смирнов or something close to that. I guess its like Smirnof but its the real russian drink. Its pretty smooth. It kinda smelled like rubbing alcohol at first but it sure didn't taste like it. It was actually pretty damn good. :thumbs:
Was it a beer?

Yesterday,
Old Guardian 2008...really hoppy, can't wait to age my second one! :thumbs:

Today,
I had Young's Special London Ale, very smooth and refreshing, finished up with Meantime Coffee Porter...I have to say this is probablythe best coffee porter I've ever had...very smooth and full of coffee flavor.
I also enjoy Meantime.You should try their London Porter. I had a Bell's Porter today,excellent beer!

Yesterday,
Old Guardian 2008...really hoppy, can't wait to age my second one! :thumbs:

Today,
I had Young's Special London Ale, very smooth and refreshing, finished up with Meantime Coffee Porter...I have to say this is probablythe best coffee porter I've ever had...very smooth and full of coffee flavor.

I also enjoy Meantime.You should try their London Porter. I had a Bell's Porter today,excellent beer!

I've had the London Porter and I also like this one!
Hey Brian do they have the Coffee Porter in a 750 bottle or are they only in the lil ones?

Bell's mmmm thats my next to try and get a hold of.

Have a box that just arrived at home from a trade of Yeti Imperial Stout and Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout, and another trade in progress for some Dark Horse brews

Hey Brian do they have the Coffee Porter in a 750 bottle or are they only in the lil ones?

Only in the little 330ml (11.2 ounce) bottles. Crazy shit, like drinking iced coffee.

Edit: BTW, I had a Tröegs Nugget Nectar tonight and it was excellent. Definitely lived up to the hype!

Just like iced coffee, I wonder what it would taste like with a scoop of vanilla ice cream???

This evening while watching the KU game, I enjoyed the first in the Boulevard Smokestack Series -- the Sixth Glass Quadrupel Ale. It was excellent!! :thumbs: Read about the series here... http://www.boulevard.com/smokestack/

This evening while watching the KU game, I enjoyed the first in the Boulevard Smokestack Series -- the Sixth Glass Quadrupel Ale. It was excellent!! :thumbs: Read about the series here... http://www.boulevard.com/smokestack/

That's funny. I'm sitting here looking at a bottle of that as I type that I just got in a trade on BA. I'm a quad whore so I'm really looking forward to it.

Today, while watching the KU-Texas game, I am enjoying the second entry in the Smokestack Series -- Double Wide I.P.A. :thumbs:

A Stone Coast Black Bear Porter and a DPG Blue Label Ivictos. The beer had no problem standing up to the cigar.

Doc.

Today was a Stone brunch at Theresa's Next Door in Wayne...kind of a "final wrap-up" for my Philly Beer Week. I had the following on draft:
  • '06 Double Bastard
  • '06 Imperial Stout
  • '06 Old Guardian
  • Ruination
  • 11th Anniversary Black IPA

Let's see...from what I can remember from this Friday night, I had Mönchshof Kellerbräu, Sam Smith outmeal stout, Firestone Walker Reserve, Rogue Hazzlenut (on tap),and shared a pitcher of Stone IPA (on tap).

I had a rough night at least what I could remember. :blush: Not sure how I got home. :whistling: :rolleyes: :blush:

Had my first Baltic Thunder and Allagash FOUR. Both were amazing, but I've got to give the nod to the FOUR. Yeah Yeah, I know. :blush:

After reading you guys gush over Three Floyds, I figured I'd try an Alpha King on tap at a local watering hole. I was big into the hops when living on the West coast, but have reverted to my old malty ways since moving back to the Midwest. The aroma was a lot of very fresh floral hops. Nice flavor with a clean bitter finish. Twas a good lively fresh brew that'll get another look soon. :thumbs:

I am afraid to look on the Beer pages to read your reviews. All I need is another obsession!

Status
Not open for further replies.