• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a Victory Storm King Stout last night...the finish was way too bitter for me. Too much hops. Yet again I buy a stout thinking it's going to be like a Mackeson and am totally disappointed. Guess I should just stick with what works. :(

I had a Victory Storm King Stout last night...the finish was way too bitter for me. Too much hops. Yet again I buy a stout thinking it's going to be like a Mackeson and am totally disappointed. Guess I should just stick with what works. :(

Mackeson and Storm King are worlds apart. You might try Sam Adams Cream Stout or Young's Double Chocolate Stout if you enjoy Mackeson.

I've had both of those and wasn't impressed by the Sam Adams Cream Stout. Young's is good but I've only had it once. I've also had the Left Hand Milk Stout and thought it didn't hold a candle to Mackeson. I definitely like milk stouts and would love anymore recommendations you guys can give me.

I've had both of those and wasn't impressed by the Sam Adams Cream Stout. Young's is good but I've only had it once. I've also had the Left Hand Milk Stout and thought it didn't hold a candle to Mackeson. I definitely like milk stouts and would love anymore recommendations you guys can give me.

Can you get Bell's or Duck Rabbit stuff down there? Both of them make nice milk/sweet stouts too. I'm not a huge Mackeson fan, so somebody else can probably give you better recomendations.

I've never seen Bell's or Duck Rabbit. That Big Eddy Stout sounds good but I haven't seen it around either.

Thanks for the help, Justin.

I've never seen Bell's or Duck Rabbit. That Big Eddy Stout sounds good but I haven't seen it around either.

Thanks for the help, Justin.

Big Eddy is another Russian Imperial Stout like the Storm King. I loved it, but if you don't like the bitterness, I'd stick to the milk/sweet stouts.

Long Hammer IPA by Redhook Brewery, Portsmouth NH. Wow, this is one of the best IPA's I've ever had. Yesterday, I went to a local fish house for lunch and had one on tap. I found a case this AM. Outstanding.

Doc.

Just had some Avery New World Porter that was good but not my favorite Porter and now I'm sipping on my favorite beer at the moment...Mackeson XXX Triple Stout. :)

I had a bomber of La Fin Du Monde by Unibroue... kicked my ass but it was a beautiful beer. I'm just stepping into the world of craftbeers!

I had a bomber of La Fin Du Monde by Unibroue... kicked my ass but it was a beautiful beer. I'm just stepping into the world of craftbeers!

You live in a great place for craft beers Vinny. La Fin is good, but you should try some CA stuff like AleSmith, Port/Lost Abbey, and Russian River, amongst many others.

edit: Can't believe I forgot Stone!

Yesterday I enjoyed an AleSmith Wee Heavy .... this is an awesome brew!
Not what I expected, I also had 7 months on this bottle. :thumbs:

Tonight I had a Anderson Valley 20th Anniversary Imperial IPA, this was a real balanced beer...crisp and smooth.

You live in a great place for craft beers Vinny. La Fin is good, but you should try some CA stuff like AleSmith, Port/Lost Abbey, and Russian River, amongst many others.

edit: Can't believe I forgot Stone!

I actually visited the Brewery this past weekend... Got a growler of the Vertical epic 07...I couldnt get in since the tour was full but I had a full sampling of their goods!... I have had Russian River Damnation, but I am looking for a consistent supplier down here... the Pliny beers are next in line...

-V

I'm having my first Kentucky Breakfast Stout at the moment. It's really good, but I think I like the BCS better.

Last night I had a Westmalle Dubbel, I just fell in love all over again! :blush: :love: :blush:

Tonight I had Unibroue 16 (slept for 8 months), this was also a great beer!

Right now I am drinking southern tier back burner barley wine.

Nice, we just got Southern Tier in KC. I had the Big Red, and I've got the Un Earthly in the Fridge. We didn't get the Barley Wine. I would have been all over that. The Red was pretty unique, big malt flavor, lots of hop aroma, but not bitterness. They use low alpha hops. Good price as well.

Nice, we just got Southern Tier in KC. I had the Big Red, and I've got the Un Earthly in the Fridge. We didn't get the Barley Wine. I would have been all over that. The Red was pretty unique, big malt flavor, lots of hop aroma, but not bitterness. They use low alpha hops. Good price as well.

I've had the UnEarthly and Hoppe, neither of which really did anything for me. I still have a bottle of the Backburner and Choklat, which are the two that are more up my alley as far as style, so we'll see.

edit: Drinking a Moylan's Old Blarney as I type. It's not bad, but nothing I'd go out of my way to get more of.

Cleaning out the "winter" beers to make space for the saisons, pilsners and farmhouse ales, so I had a Gang Aft Agly Wee Heavy and an Old Rasputin. Neither really did much for me. I was looking forward to the Old Ras, as it was my first, but I found the alcohol much too forward in the nose and the taste...somewhat medicinal. Oh, well...One more "stout night" with a friend and then it's on to the summer beers.

Status
Not open for further replies.