• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having myself a nice ice cold bottle of Schlitz, and a Santa Damiana. Perfect after mowing the lawn beer.

I had an AleSmith IPA and Hop Stoopid last night courtesy of Cali Mike.
your welcome ... how did you like the Hop Stoopid? this was my first year having it and i loved it!

It was good but I like the AleSmith better. I think I'm going to review the Marriage Parfait tonight. :thumbs:
Nice!!! Had a Southampton Double White, I am not use to having such a flavorful White Ale ... thanks Jonas!
Just finished a Brabant and headed outside to smoke an Enchantment with a Rogue Chocolate Stout

Sam Adam's Scotch Ale...very good, lots of smokey flavors and a rich, long finish. Loved it!

When I went to MGM last Saturday I was excited to see Surly Furious for sale. I picked up a 4 pack. Chilled my glasses in the freezer and could hardly wait to pour one.

I must have been having an off night. And granted, I'm still on antibiotics for pneumonia but it didn't taste good to me. I had a furious about a year ago at a friend's house and loved it.

I'm going to try again this weekend. Funny how beers taste different to you from time to time.

BR

When I went to MGM last Saturday I was excited to see Surly Furious for sale. I picked up a 4 pack. Chilled my glasses in the freezer and could hardly wait to pour one.

I must have been having an off night. And granted, I'm still on antibiotics for pneumonia but it didn't taste good to me. I had a furious about a year ago at a friend's house and loved it.

I'm going to try again this weekend. Funny how beers taste different to you from time to time.

BR

You have to really love your IPAs... Furious takes the hops to a whole different level. Most folks who don't like IPAs have told me they think it tastes like Mr. Clean (or what they imagine Mr. Clean would taste like).

You have to really love your IPAs... Furious takes the hops to a whole different level. Most folks who don't like IPAs have told me they think it tastes like Mr. Clean (or what they imagine Mr. Clean would taste like).

Mr. Clean, huh? No, I wouldn't go that far. Ha!

It was the aftertaste that was kind of getting to me that night. Yeah, plenty of hoppy goodness to go around.

I've had some IPAs before. I remember Summit's as being pretty good. I like their EPA a bunch too. That's a winter go-to for me.

I'll report back this weekend after "round 2" with furious.

BR

PhatCat,

As someone who use to sell beer for a living. One thing I always asked my bars to when when they said the beer wasn't tasting good, was to make sure the glass was clean of dishwasher soap and not chilled. Before you pour your favorite beer, simply rinse the glass out with COLD water, and then wipe it clean. This will get ride of the soap and make your beer taste much better. Give it a try, I think it will help.

Had a Surly for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and really enjoyed it.

Founders Breakfast Stout courtesy of Cali Mike. It was so good, I only drank a quarter of the bottle, wife drank the rest. Good beer.

PhatCat,

As someone who use to sell beer for a living. One thing I always asked my bars to when when they said the beer wasn't tasting good, was to make sure the glass was clean of dishwasher soap and not chilled. Before you pour your favorite beer, simply rinse the glass out with COLD water, and then wipe it clean. This will get ride of the soap and make your beer taste much better. Give it a try, I think it will help.

Had a Surly for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and really enjoyed it.

Thanks for the advice, Tilden. I'll try it.

:thumbs:

I really fell off the beer wagon this week, well, I was in Milwaukee afterall. I drank alot of Guiness, Smithwick and had my first Spotted Cow which I really enjoyed. I drank alot of the Spotted Cow. Alot.

Tonight I've had 2 Smuttynose summer weizzen, a Sierra Nevada Christmas Ale '07, and am now drinking a Weihenstephaner Original Premium with an Illusione 88. Enjoyable Thursday night!

Status
Not open for further replies.