• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good beer night.

Tyranena Rocky's Revenge Bourbon Brown
Nugget Nectar
Weyerbacher Insanity

Is that Tyranena bottled?

Lots of family functions lately, many a beer. Surly Four, Surly Smoke, Bitter Brewer, Deadlift IPA, Founders Dry-hopped, Deschutes Twilight, Deschutes Hop in the Dark (real good), Founders Devil Dancer...

I'm not sure Devil Dancer is worth $5 a bottle. I'll give it another go.

Had a Southern Tier Jah-Va 2008 bottle ... this was an excellent stout! Smelled like chocolate milk and coffee ... I would have thought the coffee flavors would have been subdued but it was dominant in this one. Since i never had a fresh one I couldn't tell you the difference is between the 2years. It was really smooth and silky ... I felt like adding cream and sugar :blush:

Not sure if this is even made anymore but its a seeker ... can't wait to try my bottle of Mokah (Choklat and Jah-Va combined)

Good beer night.

Tyranena Rocky's Revenge Bourbon Brown
Nugget Nectar
Weyerbacher Insanity

Is that Tyranena bottled?

Yup...got it in a trade with a local guy. I know where I could get more but it wasn't overly impressive. A pretty good brown ale though.

Only a portion is aged in barrels and then mixed back in with the regular stuff so the barrel aging was very subtle.

Had a Southern Tier Jah-Va 2008 bottle ... this was an excellent stout! Smelled like chocolate milk and coffee ... I would have thought the coffee flavors would have been subdued but it was dominant in this one. Since i never had a fresh one I couldn't tell you the difference is between the 2years. It was really smooth and silky ... I felt like adding cream and sugar :blush:

Not sure if this is even made anymore but its a seeker ... can't wait to try my bottle of Mokah (Choklat and Jah-Va combined)

Still made. it's one of their seasonal releases.

Another Adnams Broadside last night after a painful work week. Broadside is quickly becoming a favorite... anyone know if I'll be able to get it in the states when I move back in eight months?

After dinner tonight, a Meantime London Stout. This is a seriously tasty beer, and going great with my LFD.

Had Des chutes Anniversary IPA on tap tonight. Saw lots of nice looking beer at some organic store I stopped in. Had many beers last night in Memphis including La Fin Du Monde, Schafly's Oatmeal Stout and others too many to remember.

Not today, but over a weekend of camping I finished off a sampler sixpack from Real Ale, out of Blanco, Texas. Mighty fine beer! :thumbs:

~Boar

Friday night with a porterhouse I drank YETI Imperial Stout by Great Divide Brewing Co. WoW great he man beer that went well with the cigars of the night.

I had an ice cold Teddy's ROOT beer after a long day at work. Wheeeewwww, I think I'm turning into a lush :p

Last night...
Oak aged Yeti Imperial Stout... NICE!
With a 07 QDO Gran Corona.
It worked!

-Rob

Shipyard Summer ale with a couple of Nathan's dogs and some potato salad for lunch.

Doc.

Last night...
Captain Lawrence Cuvee de Castleton with a 01 Partagas Churchill deluxe... Not a good combo.
Then a RA Celestinos Finos with a Goose Island Bourbon County Stout - NICE!
13% got my pretty wasted!

-Rob

Last night enjoyed an Alpine Captain Stout ... nice session stout, I could drink this all day!

Last night...
Captain Lawrence Cuvee de Castleton with a 01 Partagas Churchill deluxe... Not a good combo.
Then a RA Celestinos Finos with a Goose Island Bourbon County Stout - NICE!
13% got my pretty wasted!

-Rob

Cuvee de Castleton :love: :love: :love:

Not a fan of sour beers with cigars either though. BCS with a nice smoke is a match made in heaven though.

Status
Not open for further replies.