• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

Boy, I'll say one thing; the Stones' Mono Box is much easier to access than the Beatles' Mono Box.

Doc

Beatles' Mono Box
You have that? Dang. I've never heard those. Reminds me that my old Counterpoint Preamp had a mono switch. I never should have sold it. Well, they had a tendency to fry here and there, and the stepped volume was a pain, but it sounded great.

I have a mono switch, but I've read that a mono cartridge is even better. I almost have enough mono records to make the purchase a sensible one. I can either use a different wand and mono cartirdge on my primary table, or outfit my secondary table with a mono cartridge. The first option is expensive and probably not worth it. The second however isn't all that much in the grand scheme of things.:D

Doc

Last edited:
Amos Lee - Amos Lee
Brad Mehldau Trio - Ode
The Trio - Live From Chicago (Oscar Peterson, Ray Brown, Ed Thigpen)

Garbage - Sugar. I swear there are times I would follow Shirley Manson through the gates of hell.

Reactions: AVB
71nxgcdhMvL._SY355_.jpg

Google women Blues singers. Invariably Billie Holiday shows up. Sometimes as number one. The funny thing is, she rarely sang the Blues. A song, like "Strange Fruit", isn't the Blues. A sad song does not the Blues make.

Doc

The Ed Bickert Trio - Third Floor Richard
Benny Green & Russell Malone - Bluebird

R-1456515-1297263979.jpeg.jpg

Album #2. 1969 Grammy Award winner.
And so was born Jazz Rock or Jazz Fusion if you like. Lew Soloff's trumpet solo on "Spinning Wheel" is considered by many to be the first recorded Jazz Rock solo.
Friday Music reissue. 180gm vinyl.

Doc

Love Blood Sweat and Tears. When that album came out, I listened to it hundreds of times. David Clayton Thomas is also among my favorite vocalists.

Love Blood Sweat and Tears. When that album came out, I listened to it hundreds of times. David Clayton Thomas is also among my favorite vocalists.
When this album came out, I was in the late part of my adolescent rebellion. Horns were bad. My father liked horns. This album made horns ok... and some other things.

Doc

When this album came out, I was in the late part of my adolescent rebellion. Horns were bad. My father liked horns. This album made horns ok... and some other things.

Doc
My paternal side had a slew of Jazz musicians, so I was exposed to horns from infancy. I've always felt "fortunate" for that exposure i.e., growing up in an Arts performing / loving family seeing lots of bands, broadway plays, operas, etc.

Side bit: My dad was a Jazz drummer (his idol remained Gene Krupa for life), and we spent a lot of time at the Latin Quarter in NY. One night, Sinatra kissed my sister's cheek. She would not wash her face for weeks.

Doc's posts reminded me of an album I have not listened to in quite so time. Fixed...

Dreams - Dreams (1970)

Doc's posts reminded me of an album I have not listened to in quite so time. Fixed...

Dreams - Dreams (1970)
Is that good or bad? It's the album title that makes me wonder.

Doc

Last edited: