• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

Dreams - Dreams (1970)
Dang, that's one I forgot about. Haven't listened to them since the early 70s. Only thing I remember is that each of their songs was unique, and they were damned fine musicians.

Is that good or bad? It's the album title that makes me wonder.

Doc

Enjoyed listening to Dreams again so it was positive.

A couple early Jazz Fusion albums:

The Free Spirits - Out of Sight and Sound
The Gary Burton Quartet - Duster

Jaco Pastorius - Jaco Pastorius
Forest Flower - Charles Lloyd at Monterey

A group I like that you don't hear much about. A bit more jazzy than 1970 era Chicago or BS&T.
MI0000127672.jpg
If+Jazz+Rock+If+2+439098.jpg

It must be Jazz Sunday.
191636144503.jpg

Re-mastered. Original recording by Rudy Van Gelder, 1963.

Doc

New Alter Bridge just came out this week, "The Last Hero".

This one is taking a long time to grow on me -- I'm not sure it's going to. "Fortress" absolutely ruined me for this band. I don't know how, or if, they can top that album. It's like they couldn't decide if they wanted to make Fortress again, or One Day Remains again, because it's a not-so-well-done mishmash of those two styles. Lots of guitar work on here reminds me of Creed's "Weathered" album, which is not a bad problem to have, as I love that record despite the negativity associated with it due to its singles being overplayed... and Scott Stapp.

When I get a new album, I tend to listen to it as background music while doing other stuff -- mostly internet surfing. It's in this manner that outstanding passages in the music present themselves to me. It's how things really catch me ear and make me pay attention. Very few times has that happened with "TLH" so far. I'm hoping a few days as my gym music will help out.

Wayne Shorter - Adam's Apple
Super Trio - Corea/Gadd/McBride Live at The One World Theatre, April 3rd 2005

Revisiting the giant box set of Europe '72 complete. 22 shows, 72 discs. Doing one show a day until the end of the month, or at least that is the plan.
images

Mike Morgan and the Crawl - Mighty Fine Dancin'
North Mississippi Allstars - "Shake Hands With Shorty"
Nick Moss Band - Time Ain't Free

R-2024570-1259213492.jpeg.jpg

I just found out that David Swarbrick passed away June, 6th. Rest in Peace. It was an honor knowing you for the brief time that I did.

Doc

R-1418011-1311864929.jpeg.jpg

The Father of Hillbilly Jazz. His second solo album. Original issue. Bought it at the UP Book store.

Doc

Last edited:
R-5274405-1389306561-3479.jpeg.jpg

In his entire career, Clements only did one Blues album, and this is it. Includes a couple of guest performances by Maria Muldaur.

Doc

Last edited: