• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats in your glass right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't you feel more or less the same about Laphroaig Triple Wood when you first opened the bottle?

My initial impresssions of the PVW 20 I was not blown away. Don't get me wrong it is a damn fine bourbon but, I was not blown away by a transcendental experience. I did revisit the bottle after being open for about 6 weeks and it had improved and I got a little feeling of what has everyone raving about.

Last night revisited an old friend. Laphroaig QC. An oldy but a goodie.

Yup, I absolutely did. I had known that "wheaters" were subject to signifigant interaction with air so I was expectng the PVW20 to evolve/change. That one did not surprise me. The Triple Wood was definitely an eye opener as I did not anticipate an Islay to experience the level of change that I perceived. It was much more balance than my recollection and was a damn fine dram.

Lesson was definitely learned I now open a bottle have about an ounce or so make a mental note and put it on the shelf for a few weeks and revisit so I can get a more complete experience.

Greg,
Maybe you should send the 1st pour out of every bottle to me since you don't enjoy it anyway! :p

I will if you will? You dabble in some stuff that is still outside my pay grade. ;)

With the weather warming looks like the tequila is starting to come out. Coincidentally, I ended up dabbling into a few bottles as well
Greg,
Maybe you should send the 1st pour out of every bottle to me since you don't enjoy it anyway! :p
Don Julio Blanco.
Cabo Wabo Reposado.
Some Don Eduardo silver
. I had some Don Julio 1942 (world class spirit, A+), Don Julio Anejo (excellent A-), and Avion Anejo (very good B+).

Gregg,
I had some Don Julio 1942 while watching the fight Sat night. It's probably my favorite tequila. I thought it was better than the Patron Platinum.

But then again I only drink tequila once a year. ;)

Better than Patron Platinum? Wow. I hate tequila, but that's one I could almost tolerate. I'm curious...

Better than Patron Platinum? Wow. I hate tequila, but that's one I could almost tolerate. I'm curious...

I have had Patron Platinum 2-3 times and it has a stronger De Agave after taste than the DJ 1942 IMHO. I am not a huge fan of that after taste so I gravitate towards the ones where it doesn't dominate the flavor profile.

1. Better than Patron Platinum? Wow. I hate tequila, but that's one I could almost tolerate. I'm curious...

I have had Patron Platinum 2-3 times and it has a stronger De Agave after taste than the DJ 1942 IMHO. I am not a huge fan of that after taste so I gravitate towards the ones where it doesn't dominate the flavor profile.
I agree the DJ 1942 is one of the top 2-3 tequila's I have ever had and is probably my all around favorite. I also really enjoy the Casa Noble Anejo Single Barrel Reserve. For me the Patron Platinum was too forward and not very balanced or Oaky enough for me (and yes this bottle was at a friends and open for some time ;-)

Last night I took the wife out and had a dram of Glenmorangie Nector D'or. I was very impressed it is very good dram, I would recommend it to anyone. I had only had the Astar previously and really enjoy my bottle of that as well. Looks like I may need to spend some more time and money looking into our friends at Glenmorangie. So many whisk(e)ys so little time.

Status
Not open for further replies.