• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

It seems like a common thing then to bake a steak, I've never really heard of this lol. I don't want an even doneness, I want pink or red in the middle. And can't it cook through just from leaving it in the pan on the stove? Well I suppose I understand the oven for better cooking if you prefer it well done (aka beef jerky :p ).
Now I want to make Jerky.:D

I know it's a little technical for some of you, but one doesn't bake meat; you roast it. Yes, it's a bit pedantic, but it sure sounds a lot better.

Doc

Last night was my 5th annual bday dinner at The Rieger in KC...originally titled "White Trash Picnic", it consists of my fondest food memories reimagined by about a dozen local chefs. Actually, it's just a giant pig-out where I'm the only person remotely sober at the end of evening.

tmp_18768-FB_IMG_1467429774424-784509064.jpg

Happy Birthday! Love Pimento cheese. Been trying to perfect it for years.
Thanks! My actual bday is the 4th, so we always do it the Thursday before. Pimiento cheese is the best, but yeah the perfect version is a quest. This guy used a recipe by the chef John Currence that's really good.

recipe by the chef John Currence
Cool, googling it....I wouldn't be surprised if I've seen it, but I am compelled to...:D
Thanks! (I ALWAYS have the ingredients for at least one or two versions in the house)

Last night was my 5th annual bday dinner at The Rieger in KC...originally titled "White Trash Picnic", it consists of my fondest food memories reimagined by about a dozen local chefs. Actually, it's just a giant pig-out where I'm the only person remotely sober at the end of evening.

View attachment 13326

Sounds interesting but the Rieger and me, well, we don't get along.

Yes, I don't do dressing whip. I also mix in Robusto Italian dressing to it as it adds a nice kick.

View attachment 13326

Health food but huh? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Since I'm (currently) at work, the parents and I did the grilling yesterday. Carne asada, chicken asada, tortillas, mango coleslaw, guacamole, Pico de gallo, steamed veggies, and some tres leches cake for dessert. Ended up being the most Mexican version of a 4th of July feast ever.

Grilled a USDA Prime Ribeye with some yellow squash and zucchini this afternoon for me and the wifey.

Damn I love her, she didn't come up for air until the steak was finished. Guess I'll be buying two steaks next time. :D:D