• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

I didn't feel like grilling today, so I just made Tostadas and Spanish rice. Quick, tasty and easy is what this day required for me. Feeling a little under the weather.

Since I'm (currently) at work, the parents and I did the grilling yesterday. Carne asada, chicken asada, tortillas, mango coleslaw, guacamole, Pico de gallo, steamed veggies, and some tres leches cake for dessert. Ended up being the most Mexican version of a 4th of July feast ever.
The number one selling condiment is Salsa now, so very appropriate.:)

Left over bacon wrapped asparagus and a cheeseburger, from yesterday.

And then grilling it?
You can grill it or roast it. Parboil the Asparagus first either way. You're basically melting the cheese. Add a little butter inside each bundle. I use 3 or 4 spears for each bundle. You don't want to overcook the Prosciutto, which you want sliced thinly. This is a dish that anyone who's ever had it at my home asks for again and again.

You can grill it or roast it. Parboil the Asparagus first either way. You're basically melting the cheese. Add a little butter inside each bundle. I use 3 or 4 spears for each bundle. You don't want to overcook the Prosciutto, which you want sliced thinly. This is a dish that anyone who's ever had it at my home asks for again and again.

I'll try it next time. We're lucky, our kids enjoy asparagus and even brussel sprouts.

I have made basically the same thing except have used thinly sliced ham and usually shredded cheddar. Love it. I will try your way and see if it kicks it up a notch.

Nice looking Porterhouse. Where'd you find those?

Doc

I got them at the local supermarket on sale. Sometimes I can find the prime grade at Costco for a decent price. Those are real good eating.

I can find the prime grade at Costco for a decent price.

Mostly select in my area for about 10 years. Wal-Mart brought it in with big banners and shit. i.e., "if you can't fix it, feature it".
Even the so called "butcher" shops. Choice is a bit more work to find. I've never seen prime. I now buy the vacuum sealed Grass fed which is at least Choice, but it seems to be the full gamut of choice with no differentiation.

Made Sausage, Peppers and Onion subs for lunch. A nice Spinach and sauteed mushroom salad, and some cheese on the side...cause I like cheese!

I usually get choice grade for my steaks because that is usually what is most available. I really only buy prime grade when it's a good price or we want to make it a special dinner. At my daughters first birthday we had marinated short ribs that we're all prime grade. Really good stuff.