• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

All kidding aside, I love Sausage gravy. The problem is, too many folks don't cook the roux properly, i.e., cooking it long enough to get rid of the raw flour taste. And, it is the truth that it will stick to your ribs. Eat Sausage Gravy over Sausage and Biscuits for breakfast, and you won't be hungry again until supper.
Kindy turn in your Sons of Italy card.o_O

Doc

Roasted a Cuban style 67lbs pig in la caja china over the weekend. Crispy skin for days and the meat was falling off the bone.

20160906_080303_zps7rcddgeq.jpg

My mother used to call that skin some thing else that I can't even begin to spell. She would cut it off, raw, and make braciole out of it.

Doc

Roasted a Cuban style 67lbs pig in la caja china over the weekend. Crispy skin for days and the meat was falling off the bone.

20160906_080303_zps7rcddgeq.jpg
I don't think there are enough people I like that I would share this with and I damn sure couldn't eat it all........but I'd be willing to try.

My mother used to call that skin some thing else that I can't even begin to spell. She would cut it off, raw, and make braciole out of it.

Doc
Doc, that's my favorite Braciole. "Cotene", but I've seen it spelled different ways. If i try to spell it phonetically, it is something like "goat-deen-a". (we are Barese) I used to get teased because I'd say "good-i-ga" I think "high Italian is "cotiche"

Basically a filling of Raisins, Lotsa Parsley, Romano, garlic.

Doc, that's my favorite Braciole. "Cotene", but I've seen it spelled different ways. If i try to spell it phonetically, it is something like "goat-deen-a". (we are Barese) I used to get teased because I'd say "good-i-ga" I think "high Italian is "cotiche"

Basically a filling of Raisins, Lotsa Parsley, Romano, garlic.
Cotene is close enough. It was a rare treat. My mother use hard boiled eggs, parsley, garlic, bread crumbs, Romano cheese. Sometimes, when feeling well off, Prosciutto de Parma. My grandmother, who was well off, always used it.
My mother was Sicilian. My grandmother Roman.
Doc

Damn. Guess it's time, once again, to see if I can find pork skin in the land of Sausage Gravy and grits.

Damn. Guess it's time, once again, to see if I can find pork skin in the land of Sausage Gravy and grits.
We always bought a pork butt or shoulder and cut it off. You can use the remainder of the pork to make the sauce.

Doc

AKA pork rinds. Great substitute for potato chips if you're on the Atkins diet.

Doc

Went to my favorite Restaurant today. Brought home some cake. Best cakes I've had in MANY years. 1 piece of the top left for my son, and on the bottom right one with the three remnant types, I got the whole piece with the dark top for the price of 1 piece because she said cutting it into 2 pcs would have been too small.. Italian Creme cake. Those cakes average a good 8 inches high.

upload_2016-9-7_16-3-45.png