• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FFOX Opus 22 2008 Group Buy Round I

jlada

"Contest Master"
Continued from original thread here.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

Gentlemen,
I am taking requests in the order according to post time and PM time, since I did not specify which I preferred.

The Players

1) Gawl - 3 - CONFIRMED
2) Gonnagal - 1 - CONFIRMED
3) Eringg - 2 - CONFIRMED
4) jlada - 1 - CONFIRMED
5) FRANCO593 - 1 - CONFIRMED
6) jayro75 - 3 - CONFIRMED
7) donzz - 2 - CONFIRMED
8) cajunblaze - 2 - CONFIRMED
9) bxcigrfan - 1 - NOT CONFIRMED
10) GregSVT - 2 - CONFIRMED
11) northernmoris - 2 - CONFIRMED
12) simmsboard - 2 - CONFIRMED
13) zcigarman - 1 - CONFIRMED
14) BigJake6904 - 2 - CONFIRMED, pending drop outs
15) NASTY - 1 - CONFIRMED, pending drop outs
16) FlyingPanther - 1 - CONFIRMED, pending drop outs
17) jyo567 - 1 - CONFIRMED, pending drop outs
18) gunsandcigars88 - 1 - CONFIRMED, pending drop outs
18) bully1875 - ? - CONFIRMED, pending drop outs

This is subject to change. All those below #13 are pending drop outs or changes.

Given that it is a weekend, I will give everyone 72 hours to confirm their spot. Once you commit to the spot, barring some horrible unforeseen circumstances, you are obligated to pay your total. If by Monday evening you do not commit to purchasing the number of cigars you requested, you are moved to the bottom of the list and everyone below you gets knocked up 1 slot. No exceptions - period.

This seems harsh, but I want to be 100% clear on my rules. I believe it is the only fair way to get this done in a reasonable time frame. I want to purchase this by Tuesday if JackSchwartz is indeed open.

----------------------------

PAYMENT

To answer questions about payment, I am going to prefer (not require) a blanket pre-payment for everyone, with the following exceptions: 1) We have done business before or 2) You are a highly tenured member. What is a highly tenured member, by my definition? Quite some time on the board and/or many past trades with no issues. Again, I prefer a pre-payment by everyone. If you have any doubt about my trades/credentials, feel free to PM anyone from my profile. I will accept online payment + fees (around 4%) or MO. No checks from anyone, sorry. If this is a MAJOR DEAL, we can discuss it via PM.

Your overall total will be: ($950/22 = $43.18 per cigar) + ($23 shipping to me/22 = $1.05) + ($4.75 shipping to you) + (Online payment fees, if applicable) + ($10ish if you win the box/humidor)

I do not need payment right now. I will PM when I am ready for payment.

LOTTERY

As far as the lottery, I am going to handle it a way that will make sense to no one (except Rod) until the results are posted. Here's whats gonna go down, and hopefully all the brothers agree to help. I'm going to PM Rod details. Only he will know my intentions and be able to interpret the results. I will then PM five brothers on this board. Each one of them will publicly post a random nonsensical number series that none of you will have any clue how to interpret. These number series will dictate:

1) Which raffle number(s) each GB member gets. The brother posting the nonsensical number sequence will have no idea who gets assigned what number - Rod will.
2) A number to each cigar. The brother posting the nonsensical number sequence will have no idea which cigar is which number - Rod will.

After these are assigned, two more of the brothers here will publicly post two more nonsensical number sequences:

3) One will be the ticket number of the member in the group buy. (Assigned by #1)
4) The last will be the cigar number the member gets. (Assigned by #2)

Since none of the four brothers will know who else is posting random numbers and how the final drawing will be determined, there is no chance anyone holds an interest in anything. It's 100% random. I wish everyone luck.

The last brother will publicly post a single random number. This member number gets the box/humidor. No one knows all the players in on this except me, and even I can't interpret the results. I don't know which member number is going to be which. Again, 100% random.

SHIPPING

Shipping will be handled by Priority Click N Ship - $4.75 unless the weight of two/three cigars + coffins comes out to be > 1 lb - which I do not know yet. Also, whoever wins the humidor will need to pay an additional $10ish dollars for shipping. A small price to pay for that thing! The person who wins the box/humidor can also discuss insurance options with me.

I am going to clear out my PMs. I am going to PM you all. I would like the following information in one PM:
1) Name + Address
2) How you intend to pay - online or MO - I do not want payment now.
3) How many cigars I owe you.
4) Your written commitment to purchasing the cigars. If you cannot commit (see aforementioned stipulations), you get moved to the bottom.

Regards,
-Jeff

From a PM:

SamClemmons said:
Is this what you need from me?

1. eringg
2. GregSVT
3. jayro75
4. gawl
5. northernmoris
6. gawl
7. gawl
8. zcigarman
9. donzz
10. franco593
11. jayro75
12. cajunblaze
13. simmsboard
14. jlada
15. GregSVT
16. jayro75
17. cajunblaze
18. gonnagal
19. simmsboard
20. eringg
21. northernmoris
22. donzz

1. Chili Pepper
2. El Escorpion Maduro
3. FFOX LFMF
4. Forbidden X Lancero
5. Perfection No. 2
6. Princessa D
7. Chili Pepper
8. Forbidden X Lancero
9. Reserva D'Chateau
10. Shark
11. Rising X
12. Shark
13. Perfection X
14. Reserva D'Chateau
15. SerieX X Square
16. BBMF
17. Scorpio
18. Taurus The Bull
19. El Escorpion
20. Love Story
21. Perfection X
22. BBMF Maduro

Am I done now?

NA

AND THE WINNERS ARE
SamClemmons can independently verify all of this

gbresults2.jpg

Congratulations and thanks, everyone! It was a lot of fun!

Sorry guys i have to pull out due to unforseen circumstances, lucky for the next person online. Thanks again for putting the buy together and letting us particpate. Good luck guys.

Zcigarman is up. Unfortunately, he can only get 1 instead of 2.

Nonetheless, looks like we're on, boys. :thumbs:

Edit: I have PM'ed zcigarman to see if he still wants in, but just for 1 cigar.

Everyone is confirmed. Ordering tonight. Shipping is $23 to me. This tacks on an additional $1.05 to each cigar. The cigars will be in my hands Tuesday.

Holy cow, Jeff. I'm in school for my PhD and I can't get a grip on your lottery system. :D

But seriously, best of luck to all the participants!

Wilkey

Holy cow, Jeff. I'm in school for my PhD and I can't get a grip on your lottery system. :D

While I'm pretty sure Wilkey is kidding, I'm going to break it down in case anyone is confused. While it sounds long winded, it's pretty simple.

Person "A" has a randomized list of all the GB participants, with duplicates included for those that bought multiple cigars. 1 through 22.
Person "A" also has a randomized list of all the cigars. 1 through 22.

Person "B" posts a random number series, 1 through 22. This assigns everyone their raffle ticket number(s), according to person A's order.
Person "C" posts a random number series, 1 through 22. This assigns every cigar a number, according to person A's order.
Person "D" posts a random number series, 1 through 22. This number is a raffle ticket number. Each person got assigned them by B.
Person "E" posts a random number series, 1 through 22. This is the cigar number the raffle ticket won. Each cigar got assigned a number by C.

Person "F" posts a single random number. This raffle ticket number wins the box/humidor.

Since B, C, D, E, and F do not know what order person A put the members and cigars, they have no idea how it will pan out. Also, since B, C, D, E, and F don't know who else is participating, they can't contact one another. No one person has anough information to prevent randomness.

Edit: And I found out the final shipping totals:

jlada said:
Quick question.

You ran the Opus 22 split and mailed all those cigars/coffins. How much was it to mail 1, 2, and 3 sticks priority? Was the weight of 2 cigars + coffins or 3 cigars + coffins greater than one pound?

Thanks in advance,
-Jeff

Hermit11 said:
Jeff,
They were all $4.75 except the international package. Non of the package was over 1lb.

Chris

So everyone will be $4.75, except the humi winner.

jlada,

Thanks for putting on this group buy and taking the time to see that all goes well.

Money sent!!!

Rich

So I guess you will PM us as to the exact amounts owed after the results of the raffle come out?

While I'm pretty sure Wilkey is kidding, I'm going to break it down in case anyone is confused. While it sounds long winded, it's pretty simple.
Just ribbing you, Jeff. BTW, here's my number sequence generated using an online number array randomizer.

Wilkey

Jeff, here's my random numbers picked playing darts. :p

Did I win? :laugh:

LOL, I'm just as excited to see what I am going to win as everyone else. Hopefully the other brothers won't keep us waiting too awfully long :laugh:.

Oh - and so everyone knows - Rod was busy/tied up with something. Never got back to me. In lieu of pestering Rod again and again, I employed SamClemmons to help us, which he graciously agreed.

Alrighty then....here's my krazy, kooky, randomz numbahz! I hope I get a good one!! Oh wait, I didn't get in on this. Jeff. :angry: :laugh:

I just can't help thinking that this whole number system was devised to guaranty you win the BBMFM! :laugh:

To be 100% honest, I'd much rather have the El Scorpion Maduro. *crosses fingers*...

Now that I've said that... watch me win it and everyone scream RIGGEDDDD.

I just can't help thinking that this whole number system was devised to guaranty you win the BBMFM! :laugh:

To be 100% honest, I'd much rather have the El Scorpion Maduro. *crosses fingers*...

Now that I've said that... watch me win it and everyone scream RIGGEDDDD.

We would never say that to your face!