• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Holy Grail Pass

Mojo

Alright, working off of the thread in the buying/trade forum and HudsonValley's idea of a Holy Grail pass, who'd be interested in a Holy Grail pass?

The idea would be to share cigars that qualify as a Holy Grail cigar. First, in the sense of a cheap but great smoke (e.g., the Fuma). Second, (to make the shipping worthwhile) great smokes that qualify as holy grail cigars in the premium sense. It could be an out and out hard to find wonderful stick, but it could also be considered a Holy Grail smoke in that particular price range -- no worries, as long as the puts and takes are fair.

I've got a couple boxes of Padron Fumas in the humi that I'd be happy to donate to the cause -- enough I think that those who participate could have a couple each. And, I think I can scounge up enough high end sticks it make it fun. What do you think?

The idea would be everyone trades for a Fuma or two in exchange for a cheap smoke or two that they think is really a great smoking cheap stick. And, then people do their puts and takes for the high end sticks as in an ordinary pass.

If we have enough interest, I'll pull together a list of higher end sticks that I'll include in the pass. If you're interested, shoot me a PM with your address and we'll get things rolling. I'd hope to get the box out before the next Friday when I take off for the Big Smoke in Vegas.

What do you think?

Mojo

Participants and Pass Order:

PuffnStuff
BrownDevil
KayakinBoy
Wasch_24
SFG75
Mephiston
HudsonValley

(I've tried to put them in order such that shipping costs are reduced)

I have a box of those aged Flor de Farach that I want everyone to try. Mmmm... Went back to them yesterday after trying some new stuff. These things almost never disappoint.

I'd be more than happy to jump in this pass. PM SENT

Excellent, now it looks like we're getting somewhere. I gave a little thought as to a list of smokes in addition to the Fumas. Here is the finalized list of sticks:

1 AF 858
2 AF Short story
3 Ashton VSG Corona Gorda
4 AVO Maduro #2
5 Bolivar Fuerte Cuban Corona
6 CAO Brazilia Piranha
7 Custano
8 Ghurka Legends Perfecto
9 Graycliff Pirate Espresso
10 La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel
11 OpusX Reserva D Chateau
12 Padron 5000
13 Punch Gran Puro Sierra
14 Punch Rare Corojo Rothchild
15 Trinidad Ben Hur
16 Flor de Olivia Grand Cameroon Figurado
17 Cohiba Siglo I (ISOM)
18 Quintero y Hno. Brevas (ISOM)
19 Ramon Allones Allones Specially Selected (ISOM)
20 San Cristobal El Principe (ISOM)
21 Trinidad Reyes (ISOM)

Well, looks like we'll go ahead and stick a fork in this one. Looks like there's not much interest at the moment. Maybe we'll try this one again some other time.

Mojo

Normally I'd join any pass but since I'm addicted to the dark side and ya got no Habanos in this one, I had to pass :(

Keep it open for a while guys. A few passes going on now, so it may take a week or two to get rolling. And, I'm in!

I'm open. I can let this sit a while. There just a number of other passes going on at the moment and I think a bit of drama, so folks are a little preoccupied. In the meantime, I'll see what I can scrape up in the way of ISOM to see if we can get CC to play. :D

Mojo

Thanks Robert. If this thing ever gets off the ground, we'll be glad to have you.

Mojo

I would be interested if you will take A new guy....It would be my first pass but Im sure i could keep it interesting...

Mephiston

Okay guys, looks like we're starting to get some interest here! Let's keep it going. I think we could use another 5-6 more folks and we can get things started. I've added a few sticks to the list, but once we start to get a few more, I'll start to finalize the list.

I'm also working on the terms and conditions and legal disclaimer that everyone will have to sign off beforehand fully explaining the "penalty sticks" rule and outlining the penalty for any delay in moving the pass forward --- just kidding... :sign: :D

Mojo

Good to be aboard fellas. :) :D Looks like a good collection of sticks. I'm active in other passes, but other than one that I'm due to receive some time late next week, I probably won't receive another box for two months. That, and I remember constantly whining about there being no passes to participate in....you know the old saying about being careful what ya wish for? Let's get it on!. :D :D

Mojo said:
I'm also working on the terms and conditions and legal disclaimer that everyone will have to sign off beforehand fully explaining the "penalty sticks" rule and outlining the penalty for any delay in moving the pass forward
I am afraid to ask what a "penalty stick" is in CA :p Maybe it's just my phobia.