• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Hot Potato Bomb

KayakinBoy

I was raised in the canebrake by an ol' mama lion
After getting the hot potato in the mail today, I pm'ed the master behind it, and decided I'd make a thread so we can work from here.

Rules:
After getting the potato, take, leave, whatever you want from the box, and send it on to anyone, fog, newbie, established, etc. From there they will pass it on.

Do you post your p/t's? Only if you want. It might be a good idea for newbies to do it, but I'm trusting this bombing is to try new cigars. Maybe ISOM trading for N/C is ok, since this isn't really a pass? ???

Oh well, I got it today. It was from naiou175, and filled with smokes I'd not seen, nor tried. I'm filling it back up and sending it out ASAP.

Question is, whose gunna get the hot potato? :whistling:

ha, cool idea...kind of like a pass, but not...very intriguing KB

That sounds like fun. I'm sure even us Noobs have already accumulated a handful of smokes that we already know we like (and can therefore purchase more) which could be traded for ones we'd like to try.

Even though this "pass", although it's not really a pass, is up to individual interpretation, I'm sure everyone involved will still try to send it along at least as good as it came, if not better.

Be very careful.......Being originaly from Idaho, a hot potato is no laughing matter :p

Tuxindy said:
Be very careful.......Being originaly from Idaho, a hot potato is no laughing matter :p
[snapback]179499[/snapback]​

Being currently from Idaho, I agree... :rolleyes:

Normally, I prefer butter, melted cheese and bacon bits on my hot potato, but this one sounds just as good! Again, great idea, George! :thumbs:

So is the next in line randomly selected by the current potato holder....or is there a place to sign up?

:thumbs:

Anyone can start another "potato" at any time. Just make sure you include a note or reference a thread so the person knows what it is. :thumbs: Hmmmm, gives me an idea...

:p :whistling:

BrownDevil said:
So is the next in line randomly selected by the current potato holder....or is there a place to sign up?

:thumbs:
[snapback]179530[/snapback]​

This baby is totally random... Whoever gets the "hot potato" can choose to take and put whatever they desire (they can keep the whole thing, if they like - that wouldn't be fun, but hey...) And then they send it off to whomever they want to. I have enclosed a letter in the box indicating this is a "hot potato? bomb, so that it isn't confused for the bombs everyone is sending out right now.

I wanted to make it no obligation to anyone in the pass - seeing as how many newbs probably don't have a lot of sticks to play with. Take what you want, and put what you want. Some have stuck other goodies in the box (little bottles of booze, cigar cutters, etc.), but I'd suggest we keep this thing around a pound or so, so it doesn't get huge and cost a fortune to pass on...

Posting puts/takes would be nice (just to see how this thing is doing), but totally not necessary. Actually, I kind of like the element of surprise associated with it - all the way - the recipient doesn't know they're getting it, or whats in the box...

There are two circulating right now, with a third and possibly a fourth taking off soon (and from the sounds of Dr.J and BD, there may be more). I'm going to PM Rod and see if we can get a sticky on this so it's always there...

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Most of all - HAVE FUN!!!

Although folks would have to be on their honor and best behavior :p , it would be great to keep it a surprise, or just keep the P/T list updated in the box.

Up to you all though....just throwing in ideas 2 cents at a time :rolleyes:

BrownDevil said:
Although folks would have to be on their honor and best behavior :p , it would be great to keep it a surprise, or just keep the P/T list updated in the box.

Up to you all though....just throwing in ideas 2 cents at a time :rolleyes:
[snapback]179540[/snapback]​

Everyone should be on their best behavior - considering they theoretically can walk away with the whole box, if they want to - it's in the rules... I'm hoping that whomever gets it opts not to do that, and does a PIF thing... I started the two out with a mix of some nice and some VERY nice smokes...

I guess we could all clean out our humi's and put the dog rockets in the pass, but that certainly wouldn't be fun for the next person...

Keep it away from NorCal-David's place then....got a bomb from him with a stick wrapped up in a Mad Dog 20/20 label & some dried up wine bottle corks :p

As someone who has already recieved this hot potato bomb once I can honestly say that it was great fun trying to decide what to keep and what to send I think I did it justice was going to send a list of p/t in the box so the next person would know what I did and so forth but I ran out of time to get it back in the mail before it burned down my house it is that hot!! I am really curios to see where this goes and how long it will go it is a lot of fun.

naiou175 said:
As someone who has already recieved this hot potato bomb once I can honestly say that it was great fun trying to decide what to keep and what to send I think I did it justice was going to send a list of p/t in the box so the next person would know what I did and so forth but I ran out of time to get it back in the mail before it burned down my house it is that hot!! I am really curios to see where this goes and how long it will go it is a lot of fun.
[snapback]179547[/snapback]​

The only thing disappointing about the hot potato bomb (bieng the first recipient) is that I had to send it off...lol...added a few nice cigars..should be reaching the target tomarrow...

What I got in the bomb was nicer than anything I have ever smoked...so I upgraded the box and packing stuff with humi bags and a little splash of vegas in the box...

It was kinda like the carrot in front of the nose of the horse

bombs away

This is a really cool idea.....props to you guys for getting it going!

BrownDevil said:
Keep it away from NorCal-David's place then....got a bomb from him with a stick wrapped up in a Mad Dog 20/20 label & some dried up wine bottle corks :p
[snapback]179546[/snapback]​

Hey watch it! I've got at least four bags of corks and a ton of peeled off wine labels :sign:

:cool: