• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cognac Infused?

extremeXconcepts

eXtreme Concepts
Ok everyone don't beat me up on this I'm very new. I was at a local cigar shop when this old timer over heard me looking for a great smelling and tasting cigar. He told me to put a shot glass or a container of good cognac in a small humidor or Tupperware with a few mild cigars put it in a dark place for a few weeks, and he said you'll have the best tasting smelling cigars you could ask for. He said they maybe super moist may need to throw them back in normal humidor for a week to mellow them out. So my question being anyone try this? And if so with what results. Please state cigar and liquor combo if so.

Ok that being said I'm sorry if there is threads on this already, I'm new and trying to learn the way around here. Thanks everyone!

Jeff

If you were to do that you would need a seperate humidor(tuperdor, etc) to try it out and store the cigars seperate from your other cigars. I'm not sure if it would work but you could give it a shot. Oliveros has some Congnac infused cigars you could try if you don't want to try and "make" your own.

Many years ago, Jack Daniels had a humidor with a bottle of Gentleman Jack. It came with a small container you were to fill with jack instead of distilled water. I tried it and it must not have worked well because I don't recall and I don't use it, lol. I still have it somewhere. I don't smoke any flavored cigars so maybe you will like them. Just my .02.
Ian

Theoretically this should work, but in terms of how infused a cigar will get depends on the variables. I'd use a tupperware container that is small enough to hold the shot glass and a few cigars without too much excess space. You want some air space, but you don't want to 5 cigars a a shot glass of cognac in a 1 gallon tupperware. I'm sure you get my drift. Using this method the aroma and taste would still be extremely subtle. If you like flavored cigars, this may be an experiment you want to try, but in the end, you may find the infused cigars you buy OTC to be better.

Ya I guess your right, but i think ill give it a shot and post my results. keep posted. I may set this up this week.

Waste of a good glass of cognac, I think. And if you're not using the good stuff, why bother?

Not worth the trouble, imo. Let us know how it turns out, though. I have a hard time believing there's be much infusion in already-rolled cigars, but who knows?

Tastes vary, and everyone likes different things . . . but I can say, without reservation, that the single most putrid stick I've ever had the misfortune of setting on fire was that damn cognac infused Gurkha. But hey, maybe you'll like it. I'd give someone else's pre-infused stick a go before I went to all that effort, myself. If your end result is like Gurkha's, you'll have just wasted 5 cigars and a shot of cognac!

~Boar

Ok guys after I get the kids bathed and in bed, I just did my first experiment! MU ha ha ill post pics with a write up in about a hr or so.

Ok so I decided to try out some FRENCH VANILLA COFFEE infused sticks. So I may have gone a little over board but here it is.

First I started out with French Vanilla Coffee.
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10226]

Then I added just a splash of vanilla extract *for good measures hahaha*

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10227]

On top of all that I went with Titania Vanilla Sticks. *cheap and had them around* Plus extra Vanilla (if im going vanilla im going BIG)

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10228]

Brewed up a half cup of the French Vanilla, splashed in some extract
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10230]

Went with these 2 containers

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10229]

Put in the coffee and sealed it up while it was still steaming!
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10231]

Here it will rest for (im not sure how long any ideas? a week? or more?)
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10232]

Jeff

Ha I knew that was coming. While I do a little research I figured I'd play around with some very bold flavors.. Going for over the top on this so if it works I can back it down to get it to a desirable smoke. I feel this will be a little much lol buts that's fine for now.

Anyone have any suggestions on how long to keep these babies Locked up?

Next maybe I'll soak some ground coffee beans.... Not sure. Well see how this works and go from there. The options are endless

What if you filled the bottom of the tupperwear with ground coffee beans(dry) and put the cigars on the grounds along with a little humidification device?

I think you would have to moisten them some how or they may dry the. Sticks out more, wouldn't you think?

When I saw that k cup I thought you were going to drink those damn things. :D

Since you really seem to like the flavored stuff, have you thought about trying pipe tobacco?

That may be another good idea to add into what I have already done? To kick it up one more notch

Might have to drink them lol. You think I should open it every couple days let it breath? How long should I leave them in? Also I'm assuming I'm going to need to let them rest in a humidor or out for a few days before smoking.