• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coolidor

ParaGod

Semper Fi
:D Okay I am getting ready to build my Coolidor. I am going out to Wal-Mart to buy the cooler, I hope to only pay about 30 - 40 dollars. The cedar I can get for 5 dollars for a foot of 1/2 inch thick. as for the damn Propelyne Glycol, well that is a bit elusive to get, still looking. Next comes the florist sponge, got that for about 6 dollars. I also picked up an additional hygrometer for free from a friend. I think the last thing I need, I stole from the kitchen was a tupper container. I hope to get this all put together by this Saturday. I will post a PIC of the finished product soon. If anybody else has built one(coolidor) any advice on avoiding mistakes or just some advice on how to put it together let me know.

Don't glue anything. Small wood screws or double sided tape. You can get 1/4 cedar online at yahoo auctions for about half that price. Make sure to stand it up on end and add a shelf or 2. you can order cedar trays at http://www.bargainhumidors.com/itemdetail....p?SKU=ACC-TRAYS Ummm, I know a lot of the FOG's have coolers. Maybe you guys could lend some info.

Emo

The price that I found for Spanish Cedar is different than my last post. I can get it at a place called http://www.mountstorm.com/ The price is 5 dollars for 1 foot by 13/16 inch thick. The only auction I found on Yahoo is about 3 dollars for a 1 foot by 1/4 inch thick. does anybody else know of cheaper places.

ParaGod said:
The price that I found for Spanish Cedar is different than my last post. I can get it at a place called http://www.mountstorm.com/ The price is 5 dollars for 1 foot by 13/16 inch thick. The only auction I found on Yahoo is about 3 dollars for a 1 foot by 1/4 inch thick. does anybody else know of cheaper places.
That thickness is overkill bro! Ask them if they'll re-saw it to at a tleast 1/2 that size. Get more bang for the buck!
Emo

Para

There is a product you can get from a camera store and I want to say it is called photo mat. It is odorless colorless and won't leave a resadue on anything. What it will do is stick anything to anything. When I built the Tubador I used it to attack my cedar to the plastic walls of my tub. If I am wrong on the name basically what the stuff is used for is attaching pictures to foam core board. I think I still have the can at home so when I get there I will PM you and let you know if the name is right.

Snakeeyezzes

You can get the PG at you local Walmart. Ask in the pharmacy(sp), they can order it for you, was $9.45 a pint localy. As for the shelves, they look nice, but, you can store quite a bit more if you just leave it flat and put the boxes in. I have PG and foam in one coolerdor, does great at 70%. Nice for long term storage. The second one has brother Vern's very nice large humidifier for cooler with 65% beads, that's the one I smoke from. The large storage boxes from Walmart that are 8" wide x 18" long x 3" tall are great for singles in the cooler. Just leave the top off and lay it on top of the boxes. I figure the less I spend on storage the more cigars I can buy. :thumbs:

Hey Bro, for what its worth Verns stuff works great. Climmaxx beads have worked incredible for me (once you get by the name). Prices are great and so easy to work with ;) I know,, sound like a sponser (unfortunatly not :p ) but he knows his stuff and his stuff is good.

sibernation said:
Hey Bro, for what its worth Verns stuff works great. Climmaxx beads have worked incredible for me (once you get by the name). Prices are great and so easy to work with ;) I know,, sound like a sponser (unfortunatly not :p ) but he knows his stuff and his stuff is good.
I second this quote! Verns product is a must! Especially in the Fridgedor as it is plastic. The %65 media is holding steady at %64. I have a little cedar, but am going to pick some up tomorrow as it is payday. Once I get more cedar in ther, I am sure it will increase by a little. Plus cedar smells so good when you open the door! Once I have it all done up right, I'll post some before and after pictures.
Emo

If you really need some PG, let me know - I have 3/4 of a gallon laying around here - I could send you a pint or so... Sure wish you had told me BEFORE I sent your package off though!

Dave :D

Yeah, I know. I didn't know it was gonna be this hard to get some of this stuff. I do have some cedar on the way here, I bought 6 - 2ft boards 1/4 inch thick for 15 dollars. Plus I want to make some shelves out of wood. Is there any other wood I can use that is cheaper for the shelves?

Okay I am going to buy some climaxx from Vern today. any ideas which one I should get, the 65% or the 70%

I'm reading this post very quickly so if I missed these suggestions I'm sorry for repeating.

Make sure the cedar you are buying is "Spanish" cedar. Do not use any other type of cedar. If you are insisting on a shelf another wood you can use is honduran mahogany. Depending on the size of your coolerdor a LB of climmax beads is probably overkill. I'd start with half and see if that regulates. No sense taking up any more room with non essentials than necessary. Also, forget the PG...... you do not need or want to use it if you are using climmax beads.

Thanks Kenny. I have bought 1 lb of 65% from Vern. I plan to go to Wal Mart tomorrow and buy a 150qt cooler, I have 6 boards of 1/4" THICK, 3 1/2" WIDE, 18" LONG. Coming in. I don't know what else to get now. I do have a digital hygrometer. I am unsure if it is calibrated. But I will try it out later on. I also went to my local tobacconist and picked up a large amount of cedar for the sides of my new coolidor. Again. Thanks for all the input. I want to make sure I don't mess this up. :thumbs:

Welcome to the DARK SIDE! :angry: Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahah! :sneaky: cough, cough ???