• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel Factory trip is ON!

uptown_isy

The Man Uptown
We've got the dates and the itinerary set. If anyone is interested in the Rocky Patel Factory trip, please contact me. Once again, all you will need to pay for is your airfare and a few dollars in spending cash. All expenses, including guest house accomodations, meals, cocktails, musical entertainment, factory tour, and all cigars. You will also get the opportunity to create your own blends. The trip is from May 6 - May 9. The itinerary is as follows:

Day 1
Arrive in Tegucigalpa and drive to Danli.

Evening reception poolside at the guest house, followed by dinner and an evening smoking new blends.

Day 2
Breakfast at Guest House

Trip to Carribean Cigar Factory

Tour of fermentation rooms and processes

Tour of wrapper selecting and sorting rooms

Guests select their own custom blends

Lunch

Trip to US Cigar Factory; wrapper selection and sorting rooms

Tour of cigar rolling and quality control

Select your own custom blends

Tour box factory/production

Enjoy an evening poolside at guest house including cigar smoking, cocktails, and dinner with musical entertainment

Day 3
Breakfast

Drive to tobacco fields

Spend the day at tobacco fields and the farm house

Tour of nursery and tobacco growing processes

Tour of fields and drying barns

Enjoy a pig roast at the farm

Relax at guest house

Cocktails and dinner followed by cigar smoking, a night out on the town, or cards and dominos

Day 4
Breakfast

Pack to leave

Pick up your sample cigars

Drive to Tegucigalpa and depart for home

Clothing is casual; wear comfortable shoes, as tobacco fields tend to be muddy; $35 to get out of Honduras (on you); Sprint does not work, but all others do as long as international service is activated; Sleeping arrangements are dormitory style, so bring earplugs if you can't deal with snoring. There is a travel agent in CA that does a lot of bookings for Rocky and his trips. Make them on your own or contact him.

Jeff Lewis
Worldwide Travel
Irvine, CA
(866) 575-6971 x1612

Thank you all for your interest and I hope many of you can join me on this trip. The maximum amount of people that can go on this trip on these dates is about 15. Contact me if interested.

Israel
Uptown Cigar Co.
877-238-1172

which airport would he recommend flying into. I am just looking into cost right now

wow for about $370 round trip. I will look at my schedule. This could be a possibility. Just need to make sure I do not have a baseball game during that 3 days

wow for about $370 round trip. I will look at my schedule. This could be a possibility. Just need to make sure I do not have a baseball game during that 3 days

Where are you flying in from? From Detroit Metro, the "Promo Fare" is 1700 bucks.

I selected flying down on the 5th and back on the 9th. Maybe cheaper with a Saturday overnight?

Where are you flying in from? From Detroit Metro, the "Promo Fare" is 1700 bucks.

I selected flying down on the 5th and back on the 9th. Maybe cheaper with a Saturday overnight?

Sounds like you can find a flight for MUCH less. From NYC, the fare right now is less than $400 RT on American, Delta, and Continental.

Just checked on Orbitz and round trip from Detroit is giving me less than $400 on Continental.

I need to ask my beautiful wife for permission, but if I get the okay, I'm in. When do you need commitments by?

Sounds like you can find a flight for MUCH less. From NYC, the fare right now is less than $400 RT on American, Delta, and Continental.

Just checked on Orbitz and round trip from Detroit is giving me less than $400 on Continental.

Baltimore Washington International. BWI

I may also be interested in a trip like this. PM incoming.

Jim

I got permission from my girlfriend, if she can come too.

PM incoming for more details.

About the flight: I think I selected "First Class" option ... forgive my surprise. I did find less expensive flights.

I got permission from my girlfriend, if she can come too.

PM incoming for more details.

About the flight: I think I selected "First Class" option ... forgive my surprise. I did find less expensive flights.

Of course she can come. When we did this trip a few years ago, most of my customers brought their significant others. Also, use mileage for an upgrade. No sense in paying for it.

I would definitely be interested! What days would we fly in and out? I have to get it approved by the wifey :whistling:

Sounds like fun. I can't make that one, but let me know when you set up a trip to Padron. :)

A trip to Padron would be pretty cool. But I think they roll in Miami....not sure though. It would still be great to see the fields, barns, etc. Anyhow, it looks like I will have enough people to make this Rocky trip happen. With those who have expressed interest here, along with some of my locals, I think it will work. Before doing anything, I will solidify these plans with Rocky. I will let you all know once everything is in place and flight arrangements can be made. Thank you all for your feedback.

Hmmm... I might be in for this as well!! If I can find flights for those prices!
Chris

Some of the guys from a local B&M around here did this trip last year and had a great time. Hopefully I can make the trip next time they do it.

I would be so down for a Padron trip. I might make the pilgrimage during CFC to Fuente.

Ed