• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Cigar Review - Pay it Forward #2!

I received package today from punk lawyer :thumbs: Pics will be added tomorrow to show my haul :D But to keep this thing on the move... NOW WHO WANTS SOME?

Good to see that everything arrived in good shape.... Oh, and this reply will bump this one back up too. :cool:

I wish I had been around long enough to participate because this looks like too much fun. Keep it going guys. Can't wait to be part of it!

Wow! It's been more than ten days and still no taker.
I guess people are really busy this holiday season.
Just try to help and bump this up.

I will be blunt, in the past when newbie's have played this game a lot of them have received good cigars and sent out some dog rockets. I think people are shying away from newbie's PIF's. IMO.

I haven't played in a while and have a few days off after New Years to do the review. If this is still active I'll keep the train rollin.

Hit me up via PM, if that works.

I haven't played in a while and have a few days off after New Years to do the review. If this is still active I'll keep the train rollin.

Did you ever do your blind review from your first time around? I don't remember seeing it...

I will be blunt, in the past when newbie's have played this game a lot of them have received good cigars and sent out some dog rockets. I think people are shying away from newbie's PIF's. IMO.
I believe there are rules set in place for this PIF in regards to sticks that will be passed on. Jay (stardogg) is a personal friend of mine and IMHO people are missing out. Just check out his last PIF in the other thread :0

Brian

I believe there are rules set in place for this PIF in regards to sticks that will be passed on. Jay (stardogg) is a personal friend of mine and IMHO people are missing out. Just check out his last PIF in the other thread :0

Brian
I in no way mentioned stardogg was going to send dog rockets, where did i say that? I just said the perception was there. I got a nice little PM from stardogggg saying he didn't appreciate me saying he was going to send dogggg rockets and to back off. Settle down dude, I was only giving some input on why NOBODY was taking cigars from you for almost 2 weeks. I have almost never seen that happen.

What is the protocol for someone taking sticks but never posting a blind review?

What is the protocol for someone taking sticks but never posting a blind review?

Speaking of this, it appears "Fishin345" never did the Blind Review of the mystery stick I sent him in April/May 2009.

Although he did pay it forward to "Mobig". Oh Well. :(

P.S. By the way if you read this Fishin345 the mystery stick was a Liga Privada #9. ;)

Speaking of this, it appears "Fishin345" never did the Blind Review of the mystery stick I sent him in April/May 2009.

P.S. By the way if you read this Fishin345 the mystery stick was a Liga Privada #9. ;)

Drew Estates????? That was a cruel trick indeed!

Funny that his brother Drunkfish never reviewed the stick I sent him but probably smoked it.

He paid it forward as well.

The lack of reviewing the sticks is concerning. People need to be held to their commitments. If you only do half the job my belief is you should be called out on the carpet.This complete disregard for the rules is offensive and destructive to this community.

Although I'm a newer guy here I'm taking this one personal and will be watching this thread to see who delivers and who doesn't from here on. I'm tired of this bullshit.

Did you ever do your blind review from your first time around? I don't remember seeing it...

I did participate in this and you are correct, I was unable to do my review. Things got a little crazy in my personal life and I was unable to do the review in a timely manner.

I can assure you that this will not happen again and to be honest, I was only in this thread to look at some of the sticks sent, I like to look at pics of cigars, I am sick I know. :p and saw this sitting stale for around 10 days and figured it would be in the best interest of the community for somebody to pick this up. I also as noted, have time off after the holidays and will have the review posted within a week of receiving the stick.

I will address this in about 30min when I get more time.

-Gregg

The lack of reviewing the sticks is concerning. People need to be held to their commitments. If you only do half the job my belief is you should be called out on the carpet.This complete disregard for the rules is offensive and destructive to this community.

Although I'm a newer guy here I'm taking this one personal and will be watching this thread to see who delivers and who doesn't from here on. I'm tired of this bullshit.

I completely agree if you are not sure that you can review and complete your obligations you should not participate. On the whole, this does not look good. However, as an isolated incident, I can assure you my intent in my original PIF was to comply fully. Infact, I was / am looking forward to doing the blind review. I think that is the most interesting / fun part of this pif. I am not a guy that makes excuses. Bottomline, things got a little crazy in my life and to be honest family not cigars was my priority, I was not able to complete my commitment in a timely manner. Definitely my bad. In my 2 years here I have always lived by the motto read more post less, treat others as you would like to be treated etc and believe that I have lived up to those standards. This is a great board with great members and the self policing is a vital part of CP, I hold no ill will and if the masses believe that I should sit this out I have no problem with that. However, I can assure you I will compy fully and regardless of issues I will post a review in a timely manner as I said I am looking forward to it.

I know this is the tip fo the iceburg and just more an indictment on the overall direction as to where this thread is going. I just take my commitments my name and my honor very seriously, I apologize for violating the groups trust on this and wanted to address the issue.

I apologize to the board and Jay (stardogg) for this drama that I appear to be tha catalyst for.

As mentioned, I only came to this thread to look at the pics, sick I know, saw it sitting stale for almost 2 weeks and a indication from Niko that no one wanted newbies sticks, so I decided to partake again in an effort to keep this train moving and spread the love.

Please let me know if there are any issues via thread or PM if preferred.

Best,
Gregg

For what it's worth. I am not singling out Gregg.He and I have made contact via PM and understand each other.

I have been watching this thread since I participated in late spring. There have been a handful of non reviews since then and obviously that is not right.

Frank,

No worries at all. As I mentioned in PM I value my reputation personally and here at CP and wanted to address the issue.

I appreciate the kind words and will continue to try to put my best foot forward with respect to the CP brotherhood.

Thanks to all for your time and understanding, I appreciate it.

Best regards,
Gregg

Well it finally looks like full steam ahead with the BCR PIF :) I received Greggj77 addy, package will go out tomorrow i will add DC# then. Thanks to all CPers. This place is stellar :thumbs: