• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s Your Latest Purchase - 2022

Or Kershaw. I’m a kershaw guy myself but always lookin for a good knife that doesn’t break the bank like a spiderco
I've pretty much always had Kershaw due to the price of Spyderco. The knives look cool, but functionally not any better that I can tell.

I've pretty much always had Kershaw due to the price of Spyderco. The knives look cool, but functionally not any better that I can tell.
Yeah so far out of brands I have purchased and reading reviews and what not, Kershaw makes the best knives for the money. I have about 6 different models and they each serve a purpose with different metals for the blades for sharpness or better durability.

Yeah so far out of brands I have purchased and reading reviews and what not, Kershaw makes the best knives for the money. I have about 6 different models and they each serve a purpose with different metals for the blades for sharpness or better durability.
Yeah, same. Have a few different blade materials.

For fixed knives I have found a really good knife for whatever and it's sharp as hell. Morakniv is the brand. Have many of them and no complaints. They have a few different blade metals as well depending on purpose.

The price point is extremely reasonable as well.

I'm a Camillus convert, myself. I've been carrying one daily clipped "appendix style" since 2018, and only complaint is that one of the screws on the clip would keep coming loose. A dab of loc-tite fixed that right up.
I’ll look into them
Yeah, same. Have a few different blade materials.

For fixed knives I have found a really good knife for whatever and it's sharp as hell. Morakniv is the brand. Have many of them and no complaints. They have a few different blade metals as well depending on purpose.

The price point is extremely reasonable as well.
nice. I have a gerber LMF 2 for my fixed blade I carry hiking and camping. Pocket knives I carry are all Kershaw

Went by a local shop and found some aged/ discontinued singles. There were two Original Release Casa Cuba in shop so I grabbed those. He has a bunch more of each of the others.

2009 fuente charity box
Casa cuba original release
Casa magna aged
La boheme
Avo synchro special
Indian tabac cameroon
Dunhill heritage
20221117_160900.jpg20221117_160040.jpg

Last edited:
Saw we were talking knifes.
Buck 120 (movie classic), but do you know which one?
Buck Marksman PE (what I actually use)
CRKT XOC 5400 (not as practical as I thought, still a cool knife design)
InCollage_20221117_230903397.jpg

Latest purchase is another round of mixed goodies 😋
InCollage_20221117_223734282.jpg
Avo Nicaragua syncro box pressed Toro
Ashton Classic Sovereign Connecticut
Perdomo Nicaragua Bourbon Barrel Aged Gordo
Perdomo Nicaragua Bourbon Barrel Aged robusto
Bellas Artes Maduro Limited-Edition Lancero
Fuente Fuente OpusX Rosado Oscuro Oro Reserva D’Chateau
Cavelier black II salamones
Cavalier white salamones
Davidoff Nicaragua box press robusto
Padron 1964 Soberano x2
Hamlet pareres tabaquero 2020 limited

No full breakdown of the wrapper/binder/filler leaf this time.

How are the Camillus compared to Benchmade?

For an EDC, I like both. The weight in the hand and just overall ergonomics of Camillus, combined with some personal achievements over the years, will always have me a Cam fan.

From gutting a trout, to processing the bulk of a 10 pt buck, it's always been there for me. My first knife was gifted to me by my Cub Scout Cubmaster after, oddly enough, getting my marksman badge at camp in Oconomowoc, WI (every other letter's an 'O'!) in 1985. It was a Camillus and I literally carried it everywhere and slept with it under my pillow.

So I may be a little biased. I was devastated when I lost it in my early teens. I think the new ones are now made in China.. but I haven't bought a new blade of any type for probably 5+ years now.

I don't know if Benchmade makes a better product these days, but I've known they're right up there and I've no complaints with the few I still have.

For an EDC, I like both. The weight in the hand and just overall ergonomics of Camillus, combined with some personal achievements over the years, will always have me a Cam fan.

From gutting a trout, to processing the bulk of a 10 pt buck, it's always been there for me. My first knife was gifted to me by my Cub Scout Cubmaster after, oddly enough, getting my marksman badge at camp in Oconomowoc, WI (every other letter's an 'O'!) in 1985. It was a Camillus and I literally carried it everywhere and slept with it under my pillow.

So I may be a little biased. I was devastated when I lost it in my early teens. I think the new ones are now made in China.. but I haven't bought a new blade of any type for probably 5+ years now.

I don't know if Benchmade makes a better product these days, but I've known they're right up there and I've no complaints with the few I still have.
I apparently can never have enough knifes.

Last edited:
Group buy.. Both the Enclave and Espadas have been great after 2 years. The Crowned Heads Sfumato in C Major needed to live here. And AB's Tempus in Maduro is more nostalgia than anything. Curious to see how the Luciano Sergeant does this time. And couldn't let @EliWaynne be the only one buying some *Diesel Rage this week!

20221116_234845.jpg

20221116_235110.jpg

*Couldn't do the Shorties though.. are they like Nubs?

Last edited:
The Crowned Heads Sfumato in C Major needed to live here.

Oh yeah.. the one I had a couple weeks ago that inspired a box buy was not a one-off.. Blue Horseshoe loves CH Sfumato in C Major...

This IS your morning coffee companion! ☕👍

Group buy.. Both the Enclave and Espadas have been great after 2 years. The Crowned Heads Sfumato in C Major needed to live here. And AB's Tempus in Maduro is more nostalgia than anything. Curious to see how the Luciano Sergeant does this time. And couldn't let @EliWaynne be the only one buying some *Diesel Rage this week!

View attachment 62629

View attachment 62630

Similar.

I actually like the Diesel Shorty way more than the Nubs. The Cuba Libre One Brute I think is also better than a Nub.

I had just smoked my last Rage and realized I only had big long smokes. Nothing for just a normal time smoke. So I went with Shortys and a couple Robustos.

View attachment 62629

View attachment 62630

Who did you group buy with Dan?