• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

xyz123 - Should he be banned or not?

Should xyz123 remain banned?

• Yes

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Impose a 30 day ban instead

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What the fuck ? If anyone should be banned, it's that asshole jeff.

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said Michael
Jeff.... I know my post was not exactly what you are sending me the CoRo's to post. But it was really close. I really just left out the part where you wanted me to say 'Because Jeff rules the world'.
So you can just send 3 instead of the agreed upon 5.

Jeff.... I know my post was not exactly what you are sending me the CoRo's to post. But it was really close. I really just left out the part where you wanted me to say 'Because Jeff rules the world'.
So you can just send 3 instead of the agreed upon 5.
That's just not right! You make me sound that lunatic xyz. The only world I rule is mine. And when the day comes that I have to bribe someone to take the 2 year old trash out, that's the day I will quite smoking cigars completely!

And by the way, since you are the "Cohiba Expert", you should be sending me CoRo's!

That's just not right! You make me sound that lunatic xyz. The only world I rule is mine. And when the day comes that I have to bribe someone to take the 2 year old trash out, that's the day I will quite smoking cigars completely!

And by the way, since you are the "Cohiba Expert", you should be sending me CoRo's!
I'm not an expert. I just liked the name.
How's your day starting? You seem a little agitated... already. 😁

Recently I haven't participated on this forum nearly as much as I used to, so it wouldn't be fair for me to vote. However, there are some long-standing members here whose opinion carries a lot of weight with me, and they seem to all be on the same page. The cigar sale thread was a cringe-fest.

I agree that if this were an isolated event, a ban wouldn’t be warranted, but given his history and lack of self awareness, humility and integrity, it’s in our community’s best interest for us to part ways.

Full disclosure, I was quick to jump into the diplomat roll because from my perspective, the overall reaction to his “sale” was uncharacteristic of the community. Granted, like I’ve mentioned, I wasn’t aware of his past transgressions. I was feeling convicted after the fact because I felt like I may have contributed to the pot being stirred, so I reread what I posted and it seemed clear that I truly was trying to give him some helpful guidance and it was clear that he didn’t want to put in the work.

After seeing the broader picture and learning more about the type of person(s) he’s portrayed himself as, I understand why he was met with opposition and a lack of grace. He was given a lot of rope, so-to-speak.

Long story short, I support the decision to ban him.

Okay, since I have already earned the title belt. I'll ask the $64,000 question!

These guys who lobby for him, cant see how he flies in the face of everything CP, say they cant wait to leave here, etc. etc. etc. If you don't care about your future here, why not step up?

Tony @tone-ny said it well, to bring him back would mock what Rod has created that is so special.

Which begs the question ..... why not ban @Rod?👹
Reminds me of the OR Opus/Anejo group buy debacle. Spivy, Dulaney, MiamiPadronSmoker, come to mind among others.
Didn't want to listen to the senior members here, and said the same thing. Place is full of assholes, blah, blah, blah! Spivy even started his own forum and was recruiting people from here.
Poetic justice when all those guys were scammed because they wouldn't listen. Anyways, I remember a few of those guys leaving after Spivy and Dulaney were banned as a result. Blaming certain members for having an axe to grind. Never looking at themselves and the rules both spoken and unspoken they violated.

Anyways, I think some of the members getting upset, had also saw some of the good in Dan and have to wonder. "Was it because of some clique that had it out for him?" I remember thinking the same about a group of guys here. Didn't understand then, but I do now. In the end though, if you struggle with it heavily, this place may not be for you like Rod said.

Dan's banning was justified in my opinion. Not because of Jeff, but because he was given so many chances, but always doubled down and did what he wanted. He's not the first to go out that way, and probably won't be the last.

Well, I think the poll speaks for itself. Even the 1 person who came out in support of removing the ban didn't even vote no. With that said, it appears the ban was justified.

Why did I take the time to do this? There's a lot of new members who joined recently. It's important they understand why and how CP is run the way it is. Very rare to see 10+ year members of communities - most forums have high member turn-over. Amazing how we have members here with 10+, even 20+ years of membership. That really says something...

I appreciate everyone participating.

Anyways, I think some of the members getting upset, had also saw some of the good in Dan and have to wonder. "Was it because of some clique that had it out for him?" I remember thinking the same about a group of guys here. Didn't understand then, but I do now. In the end though, if you struggle with it heavily, this place may not be for you like Rod said.

Dan's banning was justified in my opinion. Not because of Jeff, but because he was given so many chances, but always doubled down and did what he wanted. He's not the first to go out that way, and probably won't be the last.
The portion of this quote that I put in bold is very important here. It's basically the reason I did the Newbie Guide all those years ago. The long-standing members of the board have seen this over and over again and know what the outcome will be 99% of the time. Experience is the greatest teacher.

I'd like to vote option #5.
Make it to where every time he hits the post reply button, he gets logged out. Let this script run to randomly calculate some number of kicks and then allow just a single post, with a random and lengthy cool down timer between posts.

Also, implement character limit to like 42 charscters. If he can't say it that brief, he will have to rethink it.

Make it to where every time he hits the post reply button, he gets logged out. Let this script run to randomly calculate some number of kicks and then allow just a single post, with a random and lengthy cool down timer between posts.

Also, implement character limit to like 42 charscters. If he can't say it that brief, he will have to rethink it.
Do you remember watching the show Cheers? I thought you were going to recommend that we put a shock collar on him like Cliff's therapist did so that every time he told a lie it would shock him😆

Reminds me of the OR Opus/Anejo group buy debacle. Spivy, Dulaney, MiamiPadronSmoker, come to mind among others.
Didn't want to listen to the senior members here, and said the same thing. Place is full of assholes, blah, blah, blah! Spivy even started his own forum and was recruiting people from here.
Poetic justice when all those guys were scammed because they wouldn't listen. Anyways, I remember a few of those guys leaving after Spivy and Dulaney were banned as a result. Blaming certain members for having an axe to grind. Never looking at themselves and the rules both spoken and unspoken they violated.

You just invoked so many fucking scumbags’ names in one post I have to go take a shower.

The portion of this quote that I put in bold is very important here. It's basically the reason I did the Newbie Guide all those years ago. The long-standing members of the board have seen this over and over again and know what the outcome will be 99% of the time. Experience is the greatest teacher.

NEWBIE GUIDE ?

That sounds like a lot of work for Rod…

In case it needs to be stated, while no direct purchase proof is in hand, the Dr has friends/aquintances who are cigar/manuf. reps.

More times than not, there's usually a discount implied. Not that the prices would have been an issue...well, the lack of prices is the issue.

In case it needs to be stated, while no direct purchase proof is in hand, the Dr has friends/aquintances who are cigar/manuf. reps.

More times than not, there's usually a discount implied. Not that the prices would have been an issue...well, the lack of prices is the issue.
I'm sure he has friends and acquaintances beyond our wildest dreams!

Status
Not open for further replies.