• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

xyz123 - Should he be banned or not?

Should xyz123 remain banned?

• Yes

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Impose a 30 day ban instead

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What the fuck ? If anyone should be banned, it's that asshole jeff.

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I consider myself a very fair person, and certainly not a dictator. I oftentimes look the other way in attempt to understand that people behave a certain way for various reasons, however I also am not going to allow baiting/bullshit/etc either.

Clearly there is some division in whether xyz123 should be banned or not. While I'm the one who pays the bills (with very few who actually donate to the site), keeps the site updated, etc, I still believe this is a community decision and not my own.

With that said, I'd like to see what the poll results say. If xyz123 is allowed back in, then I expect everyone (including xyz123) to abide by our rules, otherwise the next ban will not have a poll.

My own opinion, the cigar sale thread pushed me over the edge. That is complete and utter bullshit -- if you have cigars, then sell them. Don't play games, don't flaunt what you have, don't try to profit in any way -- list the cigars at what you believe is a fair price. However, that's not to say it was a ban worthy move -- just a distasteful post in my opinion.

I expect this discussion to remain civil without any baiting, name calling, harassing, etc. If anyone can't behave like an adult, then perhaps a ban poll should be posted upon them as well. I'm leaving this open for discussion, opposed to just a poll, as I'd like see how civil everyone really is... However, your vote will remain anonymous.

By the way, PM's should not be posted or shared unless authorized by the sender.

By the way, you can vote and not post a response. Please keep that in mind.

People didn't like him. His cigar sale was a shit show. He knew more than anyone. Has a checkered past. There have been people like him in the past and there will be people like him, in the future.

I don't think any of that, is a bannable offense. That's just my opinion. I voted for a 30 day BAN honestly. If after his break, he's still doing whatever it is that rubs people the wrong way, then lay the hammer down.

I have no issue with him returning. However I don't think it's in his personal best interest. He posted pictures of 35+ bins of cigars and a 19 day spend of over $20000 on cheap cigars. I think he needs to really take a look at what he's doing and decide if this place is helping or hurting other parts of his life. I agree with Brandon that the shit show that went down doesn't equal him being banned because nothing happened publicly. He had a reason for not posting the sale publicly and bating people to PM him. That way nothing is public about his sales and he can break the group rules. That is a banable offense to me.

Hopefully he can "read more post less" and resolve whatever is going on. He should have to agree not to sell any cigars to members whether it's via PM, txt message or on the boards. That and 30 day suspension is my vote.

Last edited:
Every time this guy's name has come up it's been nothing but a disruption to this site the latest being this sale stunt that was more than likely to rip off members of this forum. He's been asked multiple time's to act right in accordance with the rules of this forum, and yet he refuses. Ban him for good and let's move on.

My feelings on things like this in general, there are too many good people in life to spend time coaching, begging and pleading someone to be normal.

More specifically, at best Dan was deceitful, argumentative, a braggart, annoying, pretentious and dishonest. God only knows what might be his worst.

IMHO, What good does it do to have someone like him in our midst?

If you're having to post a poll, then you already have your answer.

ETA:
Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental health condition in which people have an unreasonably high sense of their own importance. They need and seek too much attention and want people to admire them. People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are easily upset by the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial matters. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration that they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships troubled and unfulfilling, and other people may not enjoy being around them.

I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night, so I can now diagnose this...

Last edited:
I'm guessing that at this moment he's on a 30 day vacation. IMHO, there's no coming back from the damage he's done to himself here on the forum -- he is narcissistic and abusive of the forum rules. It's time for him to find another place on the internet, but it is not CP. He will be forgotten about in short order, save for being the subject of occasional nostalgic "what not to do" trivia searches in the future. Permaban, and let his legacy at CigarP Ass be teachable for noobs, rather than divisive for the current family members.

My own opinion, the cigar sale thread pushed me over the edge. That is complete and utter bullshit -- if you have cigars, then sell them. Don't play games, don't flaunt what you have, don't try to profit in any way -- list the cigars at what you believe is a fair price. However, that's not to say it was a ban worthy move -- just a distasteful post in my opinion.
I feel like this is the summary cliff notes of most comments in that thread. It at any point he said “you know what, you guys raise good points about how this community treats sales for the last 24 years, I will edit my post to line up with the standards” this thread probably wouldn’t exist.

I'm not sure a 30 day ban would do anything with Dan.

It's understandable that people will step on their dick every now and then, it's part of being human. I'll admit I've done it a time or 2 here, but I have learned from said mistakes, Dan seems to do it every time he touches the keyboard.

If he would have learned from his mistakes, this thread (and his bait sale thread) would have never happened. He has proven time and time again that he will step on his dick and blame others for it.

How many people have actually been able to come back from this deep of a hole and become a respected member of this family? Even if he does come back, how many people will actually want to have anything to do with him?

Post a sale with a price and move along.
He decided to do his own thing...and then master bate all over it.

If you like that sorta thing, at least change his handle to 'gimp'.
Gary, That made me laugh out loud. Not sure why. But it just struck me as funny. However I do believe there could be better words than "gimp".

I think you should come up with 6 different words and create a poll for everybody to vote on in the event he should come back?

I consider myself a very fair person, and certainly not a dictator. I oftentimes look the other way in attempt to understand that people behave a certain way for various reasons, however I also am not going to allow baiting/bullshit/etc either.

Clearly there is some division in whether xyz123 should be banned or not. While I'm the one who pays the bills (with very few who actually donate to the site), keeps the site updated, etc, I still believe this is a community decision and not my own.

With that said, I'd like to see what the poll results say. If xyz123 is allowed back in, then I expect everyone (including xyz123) to abide by our rules, otherwise the next ban will not have a poll.

I expect this discussion to remain civil without any baiting, name calling, harassing, etc. If anyone can't behave like an adult, then perhaps a ban poll should be posted upon them as well. I'm leaving this open for discussion, opposed to just a poll, as I'd like see how civil everyone really is... However, your vote will remain anonymous.

By the way, PM's should not be posted or shared unless authorized by the sender.
Why do you say that there was a clear division, Rod?

I'm not voting, only reviewing the results. Reason for this poll is for the sake of the community -- last thing I ever want to hear is that I'm being unfair. If you're not happy with whatever the outcome is, then that's a reflection on this community as a whole, not one person.

For those who don't like how CP is run, keep in mind there are other cigar communities. I guess reddit is about all that's left these days, as most have either failed, or garner very little traffic. There's a reason why CP has last over 20 years, and continues to remain active and growing...

Why do you say that there was a clear division, Rod?

Good question. Bad choice of words on my part. Apparently xyz123 received quite a few emails/texts from members who were upset. He sent me screenshots from only 3 of those members. After re-reading them again, I can clearly see that the three he chose to send me have no idea about how this community is run -- if you think we have moderators, you don't belong here. If you think this "forum" is run like how most "forums" are run, you don't belong here. If all you know how to refer to me as the "admin" opposed to Rod or Todd, you really don't belong here.

Since he sent me the screenshots, I'll post them here for you all to see. Anyone who is in support of removing the ban, I implore you to post publicly. This ban is a community decision, not mine. Since some of you are looking for a new hangout anyways, or think we're all a bunch of "assholes", you have nothing to lose, right? I find it funny how people get together and talk about how CP is full of assholes, yet we remain the strongest cigar community around. Since you don't like CP and are leaving, please, post your support and reasoning for removing the ban. If you remain silent, then you clearly believe CP can't be beat... If you decide to leave, no hard feelings. We'll still be here. Regards, Lead Asshole/Admin

1706822556871.png

1706822568763.png
1706822584858.png

21 votes so far and not 1 no. Where are all of these supporting members at???

Good question. Bad choice of words on my part. Apparently xyz123 received quite a few emails/texts from members who were upset. He sent me screenshots from only 3 of those members. After re-reading them again, I can clearly see that the three he chose to send me have no idea about how this community is run -- if you think we have moderators, you don't belong here. If you think this "forum" is run like how most "forums" are run, you don't belong here. If all you know how to refer to me as the "admin" opposed to Rod or Todd, you really don't belong here.

Since he sent me the screenshots, I'll post them here for you all to see. Anyone who is in support of removing the ban, I implore you to post publicly. This ban is a community decision, not mine. Since some of you are looking for a new hangout anyways, or think we're all a bunch of "assholes", you have nothing to lose, right? I find it funny how people get together and talk about how CP is full of assholes, yet we remain the strongest cigar community around. Since you don't like CP and are leaving, please, post your support and reasoning for removing the ban. If you remain silent, then you clearly believe CP can't be beat... If you decide to leave, no hard feelings. We'll still be here. Regards, Lead Asshole/Admin

View attachment 78358

View attachment 78359
View attachment 78360
Guilty as charged!

Life is too short to babysit adults.

And ...... Gee thanks Rod @Rod 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.