• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What smoking music are you listening to? (2024)

This dude has been around for a while, and even though he may be a good musician, the wannabe-cutesy way he (mis)spells his name has always irrationally irritated me.

Poe-Pah Chubby

This what I think of when I see his name…

IMG_1697.jpeg

This what I think of when I see his name…

View attachment 78858
Well, yeah... That's obviously the intention of the stage name. It's just that in most languages around the world, not just English, that spelling doesn't convey the phonetic sounds he's going for. It should be either "Papa", or "Poppa". Not "Poe-Pah".

What's a song that brings back memories when you hear it? Everytime you hear it, you're automatically taken back in time. For me, there are a lot, as I tend to associate music with a lot of things in my life. I'll go first:

Graduated college (lots of songs, but that's a different post), went to Crested Butte to work a ski season (more songs/more memories) and came back to find a "job". Got hired in June 1999 by MCI Worldcom and was sent to train in Sacramento, CA.

Smooth by Santana and Rob Thomas:

What's a song that brings back memories when you hear it? Everytime you hear it, you're automatically taken back in time. For me, there are a lot, as I tend to associate music with a lot of things in my life. I'll go first:

Graduated college (lots of songs, but that's a different post), went to Crested Butte to work a ski season (more songs/more memories) and came back to find a "job". Got hired in June 1999 by MCI Worldcom and was sent to train in Sacramento, CA.

Smooth by Santana and Rob Thomas:

1997. Guam. A strip club with my soon-to-be wife and friends. That's all the story you are going to get.