• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

“La Palina Goldie Laguito No 2 ” 2011

Oldmancigar

I’m here to stay
La Palina Goldie Laguito No. 2. 2011
6 inches by 38 ring, in the US called Petite Lancero.

Next barrier gone,
I have finally broke down and started to look at my cigar collection, not for its beauty or value but now I’m finally in a new frame of mind.
Let’s smoke those G-d dam cigars. What are they here for?
First one on the chopping block is the 2011-12 ‘La Palina Goldie Laguito No. 2“ made by Marie Sierra for Sam Paley. of the La Palina Cigar Co)

I visited Marie many times, as she worked at El Titan de Bronze cigar factory in Calle Ocho in the center Little Havana., Miami,
Before that, she was employed by the El Laguito factory in Havana in Cuba for many years.
She rolled a perfect cigar and had legendary status in the industry. She had as infectious smile & great humor. She passed away in 2019. She is missed.

I had two boxes of this highly-rated-bad-ass cigars that she personally rolled 1000 boxes of 10 cigars..
The Laquito NO 2. reached mythical status during 2012-2014 and was highly reviewed, collected and traded.
But I kept one box as a kind of souvenir and memory of my frequent trips to visit her and the cigar she helped fabricate.

Now, I’ve reached a time in my life where I should smoke what I have collected.
And maybe one day soon,I’ll have the opportunity to PASS some of these and other cigars to members of this community.

It’s a “perfectly“ constructed cigar and is mild to medium bodied, but quickly developed into medium body. Flavor is a pepper and cream profile
The strength was considerable but not overwhelming and I was able to smoke it to a tiny nub without overheating.
It burned slowly with a perfect-draw-smoke production.
It’s still after these 10 years in the darkness, a very enjoyable Cigar.
Lasted 70 minutes before disposal.
One Down 9 to Go!.

Aren’t They Pretty !
8E900332-E088-45B7-B958-49E2C9A4065F.jpeg4646E358-FC79-4D78-8080-77A34CEEDE3C.jpeg4646E358-FC79-4D78-8080-77A34CEEDE3C.jpeg

Last edited:
What an incredible story! It's living history of cigar legends, glad I met you sir.