• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1% contest

AVB said:
My major was Economics and you should see the math required for that. The rounding will still give me an exact number when I cross the threshold to 1%, One post it's .99 and the next it is 1. You can make 2 guesses a day up to whenever I hit .98% by the rules.
Mine was Behavioral Science.

(Typical therapeutical response - Freudian trained) So, how does that make you feel? You must of had a boyhood crush on your mothers best friend who was an accountant right? Because, your mature decision to study economics was the fulfillment of a boyhood fantasy to impress and win over the attention and affection of your mother's friend who was an accountant. Reflectivly, how does that make you feel?

Reality Therapy says you are most likely an A type thinker, but not extremely anal. Your immediate work environment is organized and planned. Your homelife probably follows a regiment, but is a little more relaxed compared to work. Your clothes are conservative but comfortable. Your meals are fairly balanced. You drive a full size p-up truck (American) or 4 door sedan (maybe a little sporty) and your life insurance is at least the balance of your mortgage, outstanding debt, and 3 years income. You most likely keep a list, and what is not accomplished is added to the next day's.

How'd I do?

M. Gipson

My mother died when I was 2 and we moved shortly there after so I never knew her friends. I took Econ because I already had a few years of electronics under my belt and after the first year in school an EE was pretty boring. Econ combined a number of fields that I was interesed in.

I'm a computer manager so there is nothing organized about my work space. Parts, papers, dis-assembled machines etc etc surround me. I don't know if my homelife follows any more regiment then anyone elses. I get up at the same time for work, got to bed about the same time but we eat anywhere from 5-7pm and depending who's cooking determains how balanced the meals are.

I don't drive a pickup or 4 door sedan and never have owned either. My insurance is at least my mortgage and 3 years income (yeah you got one right!) I have no outstanding debt besides my mortgage. The only list I make is when I have to go grocery shopping.

Maybe you should give up your day job and take up singing :p

gawntrail said:
AVB said:
My major was Economics and you should see the math required for that. The rounding will still give me an exact number when I cross the threshold to 1%, One post it's .99 and the next it is 1. You can make 2 guesses a day up to whenever I hit .98% by the rules.
Mine was Behavioral Science.

(Typical therapeutical response - Freudian trained) So, how does that make you feel? You must of had a boyhood crush on your mothers best friend who was an accountant right? Because, your mature decision to study economics was the fulfillment of a boyhood fantasy to impress and win over the attention and affection of your mother's friend who was an accountant. Reflectivly, how does that make you feel?

Reality Therapy says you are most likely an A type thinker, but not extremely anal. Your immediate work environment is organized and planned. Your homelife probably follows a regiment, but is a little more relaxed compared to work. Your clothes are conservative but comfortable. Your meals are fairly balanced. You drive a full size p-up truck (American) or 4 door sedan (maybe a little sporty) and your life insurance is at least the balance of your mortgage, outstanding debt, and 3 years income. You most likely keep a list, and what is not accomplished is added to the next day's.

How'd I do?

M. Gipson
If that's your asessment of economics majors....you're 0 for 2 :p

I have degrees in Econ and Marketing. You could probably come up with something interesting about how I balance my type A and B tendincies.

I'll come up with a guess later :)

Cheers,
Dixie

AVB said:
Maybe you should give up your day job and take up singing :p
That is what the text books would say.

That is the very reason I teach and am not a social worker or counselor. I'm not into profiling or predicting people's futures. It's much easier to assess what someone turns in than it is to speculate about what might be (or God forbid deal with their problems).

I am sorry to hear about your mother passing at such a young age. My attempt at humor was not to dig into, or make light of, something so very personal. My apologies for the reference.

M. Gipson

dixieland_conjunction said:
If that's your asessment of economics majors....you're 0 for 2 :p
After all of the psych classes, I decided I was going to teach. The classes have helped me understand my wife better and helps me with the kids, but to make money doing it?.........No thanks.

I try not to mettle in other's problems...........I've got my own.

Besides, other than teaching............I'd have to work a whole year for my salary :p

M. Gipson

I didn't say you were boring blair :p

This is going a little slower then I thought I'll have to start padding as soon as my lessons from CC and PB are done :0

.97% now.

I'm gonna be lazy and just ratio your progress. If you went from .95 to .97 by posting from 991 to 1015, then you jumped .02 over 24 posts averaging 12 posts per 100th of a percent. So in another 36 posts (roughly) you should reach 1% (given this rate of posting remains constant for both you and the forum at large).

So, my next guesses are:

1051 and 1055

-K-

I will say 1066 and/or 1166

and AVB, to be an efficient Post Padder, you must learn to make Posts that have absolutely no substance. They must be made at inopportune times and have to annoy at least one FOG, otherwise you will never be a Good PPA *(Post Padding A$$) :p :D

I was going to say to hurry up and guess but this puts me at .98% and guessing is now closed. Good Luck to all who played :D

I would say that guessing would open up again if I fell below .98% but since I was still above that before I made this post I don't see that happening again

CC,

That guess could only be correct if AVB was the only one to post until he reached the 1%. The total number of post is continuosly growing, so the 1% number is climbing as well.

Yep :( Thanks Geldor, my logic is indeed flawed since it does not take into account the additional posts.

Good job figuring it out as you will wind up much closer than me.

Oh well once AGAIN, ANOTHER contest I will lose :p

I must have checked your stats at an opportune time... you were at back down to .97 for a little there.

-K-

It could have happened if the total posts went up enough overnight. Since you posted at 5 in the morning I suspect that is what occured.