• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

100,000 Cuban Cigars Confiscated!

According to the page update notices more than one vendor has changed their shipping policy's today - noticed one is still guarantying shipping but you must pay additional shipping charges for the replacement shipments - I don't remember seeing this before from that vendor.

I just received my parcel from the aforementioned carrier via the Port of Chicago.. The only thing inside was a Notice of Removal letter. I'm assuming the retailer will honor their guarantee, so no big deal. I guess off to greener pastures...

I just received my parcel from the aforementioned carrier via the Port of Chicago.. The only thing inside was a Notice of Removal letter. I'm assuming the retailer will honor their guarantee, so no big deal. I guess off to greener pastures...

Bummer man,hopefully the vendor will do you right.

Cost of cigars confiscated in this article-----@ $1,000,000

Wholesale cost--- @ $500,000

SCHIPP tax ---- $50,000

State Tobacco taxes let's say 25% wholesale for an average---- $125,000

Ave. state and local sales taxes 8%------ $ 80,000

$255,000 in lost tax revenue in what, just one quarter? No wonder half the states are bankrupt and the fed just keeps selling itself to China.

Not to get off topic, but I would also argue that it is Americans who are selling themselves to China. How much of our money is going to China just this Christmas alone?

The vendor may honor it but doesn't the honored guarantee* has the same proclivity of being confiscated? This has very huge implications IMHO.

*edited to add that if merchants are to resend the smokes rather than refunding the moneyoutright.

Cost of cigars confiscated in this article-----@ $1,000,000

Wholesale cost--- @ $500,000

SCHIPP tax ---- $50,000

State Tobacco taxes let's say 25% wholesale for an average---- $125,000

Ave. state and local sales taxes 8%------ $ 80,000

$255,000 in lost tax revenue in what, just one quarter? No wonder half the states are bankrupt and the fed just keeps selling itself to China.

Not to get off topic, but I would also argue that it is Americans who are selling themselves to China. How much of our money is going to China just this Christmas alone?
I have purchased no chinese made goods for this christmas. So me none.

A friend and fellow member got an order confiscated from a "trusted vendor" in Switz. This vendor acknowledged the incident, and the customer requested a refund. As of today it has been a couple months, and he is still out the cigars and the money. Unfortunately, this incident may have crippled some of the companies, and they may not honor the money back guarantee. I would second the advice to lay low for a while people. :(

Brandon

I know that I have 2 boxes of Boli RC's, and 1 box of RASCC in that bust... :(I need a Canadian friend! Paging Shamrocker! :whistling:
Sorry to hear of the unfortunate snag in your order bro. I could always forward a package or two if you wanted to ship them here. We could work out some details in the near future if you so desire. PM me.

Unfortunately....getting Cuban cigars into Canada is harder than into the US.

I remember a story about a group of Canadians that had to get their box split shipment from Switzerland sent to the US then forwarded on to Canada!

I know that I have 2 boxes of Boli RC's, and 1 box of RASCC in that bust... :(I need a Canadian friend! Paging Shamrocker! :whistling:
Sorry to hear of the unfortunate snag in your order bro. I could always forward a package or two if you wanted to ship them here. We could work out some details in the near future if you so desire. PM me.

Unfortunately....getting Cuban cigars into Canada is harder than into the US.

I remember a story about a group of Canadians that had to get their box split shipment from Switzerland sent to the US then forwarded on to Canada!

Times may be changing.... I had no problem with one source a few months back. With the tightened restrictions in the US now....well, hopefully North America doesn't get screwed over.

Until early November these small packages would probably have been shipped on passenger jetliners from Europe and have escaped such close scrutiny. But, after al Qaeda terrorists sent package bombs addressed to Chicago synagogues, U.S. Homeland Security officials banned packages over 16-ounces from being shipped on passenger jets.

Tadaa! the Terrorists win again!

Something tells me many of them will be destroyed one at a time at the policemans ball and the post office Christmas party. :(

http://news.yahoo.co...ld2FudGktdGVycg--

"Many visitors to the cigar chat rooms (and humini) speculate that customs agents are helping themselves to the Cubans impounded at an O'Hare Airport warehouse awaiting destruction.

Such suspicions harken back to when avid cigar smoker and then-President John Kennedy had his press secretary, Pierre Salinger, purchase 1,000 Cuban cigars for Kennedy's personal stash in 1963 — right before he signed the Cuban embargo order, Salinger, who died in 2004, wrote in his 2001 book, "P.S.: A Memoir." Asked if customs staff might be tempted to pocket cigars, Bell responded immediately, "Absolutely not." The cigars, he explained, are meticulously counted when seized and counted again just before incineration. If any are missing, he said, detailed records will expose the culprit."

:p

Something tells me many of them will be destroyed one at a time at the policemans ball and the post office Christmas party. :(

"Many visitors to the cigar chat rooms (and humini) speculate that customs agents are helping themselves to the Cubans impounded at an O'Hare Airport warehouse awaiting destruction.

Such suspicions harken back to when avid cigar smoker and then-President John Kennedy had his press secretary, Pierre Salinger, purchase 1,000 Cuban cigars for Kennedy's personal stash in 1963 — right before he signed the Cuban embargo order, Salinger, who died in 2004, wrote in his 2001 book, "P.S.: A Memoir." Asked if customs staff might be tempted to pocket cigars, Bell responded immediately, "Absolutely not." The cigars, he explained, are meticulously counted when seized and counted again just before incineration. If any are missing, he said, detailed records will expose the culprit."

Quick solution,dont declare they were seized.
I dont think any of the costumers who ordered the cigars will go and check if the customs have them or not.

Quick solution,dont declare they were seized.
I dont think any of the costumers who ordered the cigars will go and check if the customs have them or not.

...or have them transported away to Area 51 on a black helicopter. ;)

From what I've heard through a trusted source, the cigars are currently being enjoyed by Elvis, Hoffa, Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G.

Obama would join them but he prefers cigarettes. :sign:

From what I've heard through a trusted source, the cigars are currently being enjoyed by Elvis, Hoffa, Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G.

Obama would join them but he prefers cigarettes. :sign:

Tupac and BIG would never smoke together.... hmpf... some source. :p

Bummed for those who got burned.

There's risk...but during the Christmas/Holiday Season?

Customs agents may be enjoying some of these regardless of policy.

Where's our embargo against China?