• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

100,000 Cuban Cigars Confiscated!

Chinese cigars suck.

ThatsRacist.gif

"Many visitors to the cigar chat rooms (and humini) speculate that customs agents are helping themselves to the Cubans impounded at an O'Hare Airport warehouse awaiting destruction.

Read this quote very carefully. There are reasons for the red type at the top of this page.

"Many visitors to the cigar chat rooms (and humini) speculate that customs agents are helping themselves to the Cubans impounded at an O'Hare Airport warehouse awaiting destruction.

Read this quote very carefully. There are reasons for the red type at the top of this page.

Yeah, like that one thread where everybody was openly discussing how to ship certain items that may or may not be legal. What a hoot that one was, ya dorks. I'm no black helicopter guy, but FFS, have some wisdom. :laugh:

Do you think there are uncover custom agents on the cigar websites working on sources? Not per say on CP, but other cigar sites?

Edit for punctuation.

Do you think there are uncover custom agents on the cigar websites working on sources? Not per say on CP, but other cigar sites?

Edit for punctuation.

The customs agents would have to be pretty inept at their jobs if they had to troll cigar forums to figure out who was shipping contraband to the US.

rrr....CF almost had a heavy duty problem a few years back. John

Learn from it, gentlemen - that's what a woman's scorn will do for you! :laugh:

Edit for punctuation.

The customs agents would have to be pretty inept at their jobs if they had to troll cigar forums to figure out who was shipping contraband to the US.

In most law enforcement circles - doing an investigation with those being investigated providing full details in a public forum is considered "low hanging fruit". There's nothing like dangling a steak in front of a hungry dog... :whistling:

I did a drug investigation a number of years ago inviolving a very open and notorius drug dealing group within a local liquor establishment. Bizarre logic, but apparently the bad guys seemed to think they were immune to being caught because they were being so open and notorius. One even reasoned that if law enforcement were to arrest any of those involved, it would be considered "entrapment". Strange, I know - but all were convicted of felonies.

The logic of some individuals never ceases to amaze me - doing something that is clearly not legal in full view of those that would investigate, and somehow thinking immunity from any subsequent investigation is some kind of God given right... :D

I thought the most interesting thing about that article was the interview with the domestic shop owner. A customer complained he would have to buy more from the shop now. There are already more cigars(regardless of manufacturer) made than I will ever get to try - some of them damn fine cigars, too.

I also feel this is comparable to "crying over spilt milk". This incident is small potatoes compared to the recent economic destruction of our country by the crime syndicate known as the US government, not to get too far into politics.

After the revolution we can all smoke a nice Cuban cigar to celebrate. ;)

Hope nobody on here lost any money on this!

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/15712

You know some people did. Destroyed in a series of small fires, does anyone know anyone in Chicago Customs?

The embargo started on Feb 7, 1962, we are almost st the 49th anniversary and the Cuban government is still the same, I guess it didn't bring down the regime. Maybe Cohiba will come out with a 50th anniversary edition next year. :laugh:

You know some people did. Destroyed in a series of small fires, does anyone know anyone in Chicago Customs?

The embargo started on Feb 7, 1962, we are almost st the 49th anniversary and the Cuban government is still the same, I guess it didn't bring down the regime. Maybe Cohiba will come out with a 50th anniversary edition next year. :laugh:

Golfgar .... Golfgar? .... I kinda remember a Golfgar around these parts :D

Read the article and saw the pic's. Not sure what hurt more, the first time I fell in the bar leaning to ride my bike or that article...

It brings another different meaning to the word "WOW"

"Don't hate the players, hate the game"

Those making unsubstantiated accusations against law enforcement probably steal from their employers to support their cigar habits.....see anyone can make ridiculous assumptions...

Those making unsubstantiated accusations against law enforcement probably steal from their employers to support their cigar habits.....see anyone can make ridiculous assumptions...

Seriously, idiots. Thanks Dan.

Golfgar .... Golfgar? .... I kinda remember a Golfgar around these parts :D

Yes sir, I am still around from time to time, mostly thanks to the Chumps. And, I have been converted to also enjoying fermented grape juice, although, I am sure not nearly as good at that as are you.

Cohiba Behike Embargo, Edicion Limitada, ( 9 X 54). They will be made in small lots at $50/stick (to commemorate the 50th anniversary). John