• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

100,000 Cuban Cigars Confiscated!

Something tells me that it may be smart to not talk about other places and stick to the know land of chocolate.

This happend a few years ago and died down later. I have a box of Monte #2s sitting there!! This is shrapnel from from the fuggin' dipshits trying to blow up planes with explosives hidden in ink cartridges. They have moved most cargo except for letters to cargo planes, away from passenger planes. As someone that logs around 75 flights a year, I appluad them for making flying safer, just didnt think the fallout would be a windfall for the custom agents.

I could see this 2000 miles away and everyone else should have as well. Hell, even sources saw this coming down the pipe line due to all the rapid changes in the last couple of years. Its a shame to see an article like this. The million dollar question with such a huge shipment confiscated is the following. Will this lead to a huge amount of letters sent to offenders and if so, what course of action will be taken. Other than the confiscation of cigars. :(

I heard that any package over 16 oz is not allowed to be shipped on a passanger plane. Packages are going on cargo planes now so it's easier for customs to spot them. Kind of like fishing out of your bath tub. This could drive some vendors out of business, or at least make them rethink their shipping practces (ie no more shipments or no more guarantee.).

cop-225x225.jpg

Ohh the temptation ....

Sorry to hear that guys,hopefully it will only end in confiscating the boxes.
Just buy singles from now on...

The buyers of these items will soon receive notices that their packages were seized by Customs officials in the U.S. Authorities say they will not be charged.

Federal authorities say they would consider criminal charges against any U.S. retailer that imported Cuban cigars, but so far it appears all these were individual buyers who wanted the cigars for their own use or to give as Christmas gifts.

Customs officials say they plan to incinerate the cigars in a blast furnace.
Emphasis mine. I hope it's true.

I didn't know man caves were considered blast furnaces. :rolleyes:

Man can you just imagine the cigars that are in that mail bin? There is NO way that all of those get destroyed. Merry Christmas, agents' families! :angry:

Bluue - None of the agents would want to risk their jobs over "Christmas presents" to the family. Those packages burn very well in an incinerator. ;)

Yeah, that's a rough bust . . . Maybe someone on here is friends with said agents, and will now have the ultimate hook-up?

Let me know who the "friends" are that get the "hook-up" so that I can hook them up with my friends. The Postal Inspectors don't take to kindly to converting contraband. :whistling:

Man can you just imagine the cigars that are in that mail bin? There is NO way that all of those get destroyed. Merry Christmas, agents' families! :angry:

Bluue - None of the agents would want to risk their jobs over "Christmas presents" to the family. Those packages burn very well in an incinerator. ;)

And who is watching them burn exactly 100k cigars? Only Co-workers and such. No way they can monitor that much inventory without a few going missing. ;)
I would love the job of counting that stash and destroying it. I think I could smoke through 20 a day again for a few months. :D

Although Im sure its humorous to say, I really don't see any agents risking thir employment over a couple cigars. Its like how everybody loves to say the cop that "confiscated" your weed is "disposing" of it properly in their pipe, or the cop that took the kids skateboard is probably "skating on it in front of the police station." The landscape has changed.

"There's usually a green tab right on the box that says 'cigars'." I knew that labeling requirement would leave marks eventually.

I've been buying Nics lately but my heart goes out to everyone that was waiting in vain. I was already so pissed at the "Nanny State" that I could spit and now this happens, too. :angry:

Yeah, that really really stinks. I would post more about my thoughts on particular subjects, but this is a public forum and I can't really afford to do that (plus the possible "no policitics rule" violation). :angry:

Sorry fellas.
That's always a danger when dealing with this subject as it inherently involves both cigars and politics. Or "policitics", for that matter. :) Freudian slip? :D

From the article I understand that they only confiscated boxes from Swiss,there are other places to get CC but I would suggest to lay low for awhile.

I also doubt that all those CC are being burned,well maybe they do :whistling:

Another perspective, what is 100K in smokes when the gov't just screwed up 120 BILLION in $100 bill, that have to be burned. Of course, I'd prefer to smoke the cigar, the money isn't worth a dog rocket.

Although Im sure its humorous to say, I really don't see any agents risking thir employment over a couple cigars. Its like how everybody loves to say the cop that "confiscated" your weed is "disposing" of it properly in their pipe, or the cop that took the kids skateboard is probably "skating on it in front of the police station." The landscape has changed.

Whaddya mean? Cuban cigars have weed in them... :rolleyes:

And who is watching them burn exactly 100k cigars? Only Co-workers and such. No way they can monitor that much inventory without a few going missing. ;)
I would love the job of counting that stash and destroying it. I think I could smoke through 20 a day again for a few months. :D

Oh boy... And then there's jail. Worth it to smoke a few of the "leftovers"? Not for me - certainly not for those that are charged with handling the evidence. But you're more than welcome, if that's the way you want to go! :whistling:

I know it's hard to imagine - but, yes - someone does oversee the inventory, storage and eventual burning over every last one of those cigars. It is audited and monitored. ...and - if any turn up missing - there is a serious investigation to determine who took them and where they went. ;)

No - no one will have the joy of smoking any of those, except to see the smoke coming out of an incinerator. :(

Actually - the blast furnace makes perfect sense. That's where they dispose of the guns that are confiscated - makes quick work with minimal effort. I suspect they'll burn up that 100,000 stash in less than 10 minutes.

Whaddya mean? Cuban cigars have weed in them... :rolleyes:

To take what Jon said and conclude this would be an example that perhaps the theory that some cigars are "spiked" may be valid. :laugh:

In other words - what are you smoking because I want some. :love:

So that's what happened to the 4000 boxes I ordered! And I was going to send a box to each of the first 4000 of the members here.:rolleyes:

This is just not good. Been waiting for a shipment from October that never arrived. It's been quite some time and I did not as of yet receive a letter.
Hopefully I won't ;-)
Because they never arrived I've been trying to see what my next move would be (replacement or refund) and as of now the vendor is saying they are on hold for future shipments.
They just can't afford to risk all the lost revenue.
I can't say as if I blame them...
Beware folks, I think I'll lay low for a while....

So that's what happened to the 4000 boxes I ordered! And I was going to send a box to each of the first 4000 of the members here.:rolleyes:

Is that what happened to Cigar Family? :laugh:

Sorry to any brothers that got burned in this.

Honestly, after years of CC's and the quality issues they seem to have, I've bought almost none over the last couple of years. With the wonderful stuff coming out of Padron, Pepin and the like, my cigar needs have been very well fulfilled as of late. When's the last time you got a plugged Padron? And, you don't have to let them "rest" for years before they are fit to smoke.

However, the statement "....smoke what you like, like what you smoke...." still applies......B.B.S.