• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1000 Post contest

I agree with jfields. I think that is one of the pics the touched more people every where to include the following pics.

Towers.jpg

111wtcreutersitaly.jpg

Towers1.jpg

Just my opinion but I think these pics touched every one every where!

Sorry!

Most people believe that the FIRST raising of the American Flag on Sept 11, 2001 was done by the NYC Fire Department. That is wrong. The actual first raising of the flag was done by the NYC Police Department, Emergency Service Unit.

The FDNY has never stopped anybody from publishing pics of their firefighters doing things. The Police department did not release any photos from Sept 11, 2001. It might have had something to do with one of the Official Photographers being killed on that day... PO Glen Pettit....

imagegallery_02.jpg

gallery_3411_117_39874.jpg

Jackie Robinson's first at bat on April 15, 1947 vs. Boston Braves at Ebbets Field. This was a significant day not only in the world of sports, but in U.S. history as well.

Wow. This is a tough one for me. Can't disagree with some of the other choices here. Not at all. But has touched me for a number of years, and I'll never really forget this moment:

berlinwall.jpg

And...for many, this was simply priceless:

main-castro.jpg

Very cool idea for a contest. I just don't know what can beat the 9/11 pics.

128.jpg

The fall of the Berlin Wall. A most important day in the USA winning the battle over communists.

This along with other pictures like it helped create a higher level of consciousness (sp?) and spark probably the most overdue movent in US history.

photo-hosing-civil-rights-protesters.jpg

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...=si&img=719

Mrs. Rosa Parks being fingerprinted in Montgomery, Alabama, 1956.

All of these pictures leave me speechless and there are so many more I can recall like JFK Jr's salute at the funeral, Challenger Mishap, etc...
I believe all are winners & offer mine which is the turning point in a battle that has gone on thru the entire past 100 yrs +

Great idea for a contest - Thanks!!
It's good to remember even the Bas tin order to prevent!

Take Care,
Lisa

PS... If this picture happens to be picked - Send them to the troops cuz they are our living hero's

HELP - can't figure how to post a pic....LMAO
I GIVE UP !!

"Earthrise" taken by the crew of Apollo 8 as they came around the far side of the moon for the first time.

GPN-2001-000009.jpg

Sad, but very powerful because it's true.

" PULITZER PRIZE " winning photo taken in 1994 during the Sudan famine.
The picture depicts a famine stricken child crawling towards an United Nations food camp, located a kilometer away.
The vulture is waiting for the child to die so that it can eat it. This picture shocked the whole world. No one knows what happened to the child, including the photographer Kevin Carter who left the place as soon as the photograph was taken.
Three months later he committed suicide due to depression.

sad-1.jpg

This one made my father first believe we could not win "the hearts and minds".

Saigon Police Chief Saigon Police Chief General Nguyen Ngoc Loan executing Viet Cong Captain Nguyen Van Lem 1968

3_Adams_Police.jpg

Unfortunately, I remember that one when it appeared on the front cover of a New York paper when it happened. I think it was the New York Times.

ED: I was a kid with a draft number of 70 waiting my turn.

Still waiting to hear back from one of the judges, I should have a winner for you guys later today. These are great submissions guy!

The judges votes are all in and the winner is....Tkoepp with the first picture of the Earth from space. There were several that were very close but that one received the most votes. Thanks for playing everyone!

Sad, but very powerful because it's true.

" PULITZER PRIZE " winning photo taken in 1994 during the Sudan famine.
The picture depicts a famine stricken child crawling towards an United Nations food camp, located a kilometer away.
The vulture is waiting for the child to die so that it can eat it. This picture shocked the whole world. No one knows what happened to the child, including the photographer Kevin Carter who left the place as soon as the photograph was taken.
Three months later he committed suicide due to depression.

There are very few things that can bring a tear to my eye anymore, and that did it. I've never seen that picture before.

I realize the contest is over, but here's a recent one that came to mind:

VeteransDayHug.jpg