• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1988 RJ Corona

indyrob

You smell like my sausage!
1988's Romeo Y Julieta Corona
Cuban Puro
142mm x 42
Perfect burn, perfect draw, nice Colorado Claro color.
Not overly powerful, slight citrus notes at first light; 2nd third burned into a nice toasted graham flavor.

Tonight after work I drove around looking for cheap gas. Lately it's been hovering around the $3 mark so finding it cheaper has become a favorite pastime lately.

Found it for $2.69, the guy said it was going to stay at that price until 6 a.m. I filled up the Ford and drove home to fill up the POS I drive now ( BTW, It ain't purple, got rid of that one). Saved about $10 between both vehicles.

After feeling like I scored quite the bargain I dug deep into the humi and pulled out a 1988 RJ Corona. Felt it appropriate for the night. It's a terrific smoke and I highly encourage everyone to atleast try to find one. I'm down to my last few now, and am holding fast on what little I have left.

There is something magical about smoking at 1 a.m. that I feel compeled to share with you guys. Nothing is going on at this time of night...nothing.

The cigar was incidental to what I was experiencing tonight: No kids running in and out from the porch, no dinner waiting for me, no loud TV...nothing.

There was a slight breeze that made some of the flowers hanging of the railing sway methodicly, air conditioners kicking on and the hum of the motors drowning out the sounds of the frogs in the creek behind my apartment, and my cigar...my special cigar...

There has been very few times that I actually get to sit and enjoy a cigar w/o trying to pick up on certian attributes, certain subtle tastes, or try to figure out what someone else had said I should be tasting- this was one time that I was ONE with my cigar and what cigars should be about.

(((Tranquility)))

So my cigar is done and has been reduced to a few piles of ash. I can still hear the hum of the A/C's trying to cool down some apartment, might be mine...I don't know...I don't really care at this moment. What I do care about though is I just smoked one helluva cigar!

-Rob

GREAT review. The setting can sometimes make the cigar. When it is already a special cigar, the two can combine to make some wonderful moments....tranquility....I think I remember having that once.

Rob,

Thanks for sharing such a magical experience. Doing almost anything in the deep of night lends an almost otherworldly quality to it. You've captured a moment of cigar-zen.

Well done, my friend.

Wilkey

Edit: BBCode error

Hey Rob,

great review! You started pulling me in like I was reading
a novel :)

Brian

"...As I have said before, its the meld of a classic cigar, the right temp, humidity, stress level, time etc. that make a experience. I can't count the number of times I have tried to replicate this "twilight zone" crossing of the elements only to fail. I think they are gifts we have to receive with humility and appreciation when they arrive. Glad you enjoyed the experience."

That pretty much summed up the chance of repeating the experience in a nutshell.

Rob Thanks for sharing that moment with us.

I love smoking a good cigar with company, the social aspect of is great. But what I really love is exactly what you wrote about, the solitude, the meditative experience. It really calms the soul.

Deez

Such times are hard to come across, and are always the most enjoyable. Everything works out as it should. Now, where can I buy some "cigar zen", I could use some relaxing ;) .