• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1st Cigar that blew you away!

Padrón Mad 3000 - I tried a few other duds before this one, and had no idea how much awesomeness I was getting into. Thus began my love affair.

Ashton VSG Spellbound . . . I'd been smoking mostly Romeo y Julieta products at that point and had had NO idea cigars could have flavors like that!

~Boar

Pre-Sandinista Joya de Nicaragua back in the 70s. Epic cigars.

Lots of good smokes early on, but one that really stands out is the OR Padilla Miami 8 & 11 Torpedo.  Pepin makes some good stuff, but I think that was the best thing he ever produced.

CAO Cameroon beli - haven't had one in years and doubt they're as good now - could be wrong...

Edit to add: I also miss the Padilla 8&11. Last I looked(year ago?), my B&M had some belis but they were in terrible shape - so sad.

What was the other Pepin/Padilla collaboration?

Backslide said:
:)

For me it was a mid-late 90's RASCC (old blend) smoked in 2004ish, gifted to me by [member='joe.m.']. Boy do I miss that guy around here!

Jason
The ass man is missed for sure.

vortex said:
CAO Cameroon beli - haven't had one in years and doubt they're as good now - could be wrong...

Edit to add: I also miss the Padilla 8&11. Last I looked(year ago?), my B&M had some belis but they were in terrible shape - so sad.

What was the other Pepin/Padilla collaboration?
The 1932... that was a great cigar as well.

I still have a small number of 8 & 11 Torpedoes I picked up shortly after the Holt's flap in 2008, but they never reached the same league as the originals.

Rocky Patel Vintage 1990. I know some don't like them (I'm too new to know why), but I really enjoyed this cigar from a sampler I had. Probably the first box pressed I smoked, & that also greatly impressed me.

mjolnir01 said:
Lots of good smokes early on, but one that really stands out is the OR Padilla Miami 8 & 11 Torpedo.  Pepin makes some good stuff, but I think that was the best thing he ever produced.
Yep!

It was a Cuesta-Rey Sungrown Pyramid No. 9! It got me hooked! Still one of my favorites. I need to buy more. I think I have one left.

It wasn't that long ago for me. June 2011, God of Fire Carlito 2007 blend Double Corona. I had smoked several NC RyJ's and 5 Vegas cigars here and there. I threw some $ in on a Newb Sampler a friend of mine was doing and it was one of the cigars I got from that. I had no idea what I had, but I thought it was a cool looking band so I took a steak knife to it one warm summer evening. Did some research as I lit it and fought to keep the mangled head from unravelling. I realized it was not a cheap cigar, and a I also realized why it wasn't a cheap cigar. The flavors were great, with no bitterness or harshness. The smoke was thick, but with a light, thin texture, a bit of an oxymoron I had never experienced. And the draw was actually my favorite part about it, it made me feel some funny things that I've been told I'll understand when I grow up.

I actually don't like these as much these days, but seeing that band today still takes me back to that first "Oh my" moment with a cigar.

A 3 year old PSD4... Amazingly tasty!

A fresh Monte No. 5. First Habano I ever smoked. Had me in the bathroom pouring sweat and leaning over the toilet. Second was an Opus, can't remember the exact vitola, but do remember it was small...and the first I smoked. Put me on my ass it did.

It's more of a what cigar really blew your mind and amazed you/set the hook Greg.

Not blew your guts! :laugh:

Kingantz said:
A fresh Monte No. 5. First Habano I ever smoked. Had me in the bathroom pouring sweat and leaning over the toilet. Second was an Opus, can't remember the exact vitola, but do remember it was small...and the first I smoked. Put me on my ass it did.
I remember an Opus X #5 that totally kicked my ass!

jfields said:
It's more of a what cigar really blew your mind and amazed you/set the hook Greg.

Not blew your guts! :laugh:
Lol! Read that topic wrong didn't I?! Damn.

Arturo Fuente corona. That was a revelation to me. That sweet tobaccoy Cameroon flavor... I've been chasing that dream ever since... past 20+ yrs.