• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1st Padron 2000 & 3000

Ymmit07

Well i said i would post my thought on the Padron i was recommended. I don't think everyone needs to know the specifics seeing everyone pretty much knows them.

Padron 2000
Slightly dark wrapper, but WOW what a amazing smoke!!! it was Phenomenal!!! I wanna give a personal thank you to those who suggested i try the x000 line! For the price, although it was at the local store (which i got to talk to the owner which was interesting.) with a price of $6.49. Not sure where that is in compare pair to buying online. but wow a great bang for the buck compared to others i have tried. It had nice white/gray ash. The pull was perfect not to hard but not to light. The flavor was primo, nice subtle hints of spice and very creamy. smoke time was between 45 to a hour. i may have been savoring a bit too. :D

It was so good it is one that i had to remove the paper ring in which it still had amazing flavor. Here is a pic before i made it that far.
892182635_photobucket_72271_.jpg

Padron 3000
This was lighter in the wrapper compared to the 2000 and also a bit longer. The light up was well. It had the nice white/gray ash also. The pull was a tad light though and seem to make for a shorter smoke time but still a good smoke. The price was $7.49. the Flavor was good but i don't think it was as flavor full as the 2000 and I don't know if that has anything to do with how light it may have been rolled with how light the pull was. ( hopefully someone can give me some pointers on these variances on whether i am right or wrong :cool: )

892182635_photobucket_72273_.jpg

All in all i have a go-to smoke now....the 2000 :thumbs: . I will try the 3000 again for sure. I still have a 4000 to smoke yet but I'm gonna wait a bit before i do.

Glad you enjoyed it!! They are really great cigars and can be had for under $4 a pop if you buy a box at a time from the fine retailers on this forum.

Allen

Glad to hear you loved them. They might be the best bang-for-your-buck smokes available!

My local B&M has both the Padron 2000 and 3000 Natural and Maduro for under $5 a pop!! I'd suggest shopping around a bit.

These are my go-to cigars, and they're great every single time!

MN taxes makes these more like $8-9 bucks a stick. Where do you get your smokes, Ymmit07?

MN taxes makes these more like $8-9 bucks a stick. Where do you get your smokes, Ymmit07?

There is a Smoke Shop in Oakdale called Oakdale Tobacco. When i went there Friday the Owner was there. He touted that his Humidor was the largest in the 5 state area and that he also supplied 10 of the other local shops. It is a very nice humidor and it the biggest and cheapest i have seen. Whether any of it is true I don't know. I like supporting my locals too but yeah MN tax on it is ridiculous. I travel to Wisconsin sometimes but haven't since i started smoking cigars. Maybe some one here may know of any Smoke shops in the Hudson area where it'd be worth checking out.

There's one on main street Hudson. There's a C P crew that meets every Thursday at the Golden Leaf. You're welcome to join. It's from 6 to 9. Nice way to smoke and shoot the breeze.

Pls post an intro. I think the name of the shop is St Croix Cigars. Nice selection.

Nice review Ymmit, these are tremendous smokes at a great price and big favs of mine.

I know someone mentioned it but you can find a great retailer here that can get some better pricing for you than what you had quoted.

There's one on main street Hudson. There's a C P crew that meets every Thursday at the Golden Leaf. You're welcome to join. It's from 6 to 9. Nice way to smoke and shoot the breeze.

Pls post an intro. I think the name of the shop is St Croix Cigars. Nice selection.
\
I noticed it says your from NY? Just curious. I just might have to check it out. Hudson is only 20min away for me.

Nice review Ymmit, these are tremendous smokes at a great price and big favs of mine.

I know someone mentioned it but you can find a great retailer here that can get some better pricing for you than what you had quoted.

Thanks! I have been quite surprised as to what i have been able to pick out for flavor on any given cigar so far. Yeah i have been talking to Keystone_Raider via PMs and he has been quite helpful in pointing me in the right direction.

\
I noticed it says your from NY? Just curious. I just might have to check it out. Hudson is only 20min away for me.

Thanks! I have been quite surprised as to what i have been able to pick out for flavor on any given cigar so far. Yeah i have been talking to Keystone_Raider via PMs and he has been quite helpful in pointing me in the right direction.

If you can meet for lunch @ the Happy Gnome tomorrow @ noon. There will be a bunch of the T C crew welcoming Paul Banyan ....ooops a FOG from Duluth for some chow and then some smokes. :)

\

If you can meet for lunch @ the Happy Gnome tomorrow @ noon. There will be a bunch of the T C crew welcoming Paul Banyan ....ooops a FOG from Duluth for some chow and then some smokes. :)

Unfortunately I will not. That good ol thingy they call they call work comes tomorrow.

and for some reason there is this force pulling at me calling for the smoking of that 4000. ...must resist!!! must resist!!! :0

Great reviews. Another Padron-a-whore is born! Welcome to the club.

I'd recommend the 5000 or 6000 next, but you really can't go wrong with anything the Padrons make. I'd also recommend-- once you get a coolidor up and running-- you consider buying a box to lay down for a year or two. Believe it or not, they get even better.

Great reviews. Another Padron-a-whore is born! Welcome to the club.

I'd recommend the 5000 or 6000 next, but you really can't go wrong with anything the Padrons make. I'd also recommend-- once you get a coolidor up and running-- you consider buying a box to lay down for a year or two. Believe it or not, they get even better.
Could not agree more with the age statement, I had some Palmas with a couple of years on them and when I got around to smoking them they were sensational, much better than when they were younger.