• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2 yr old La Floridita

atuck

ANEJORE
As I was cleaning out some of my coolers tonight I came accross a bundle of 2 yr old La Floriditas that I once got from Famous Smoke Shop. I don't usually smoke cheap ass cigars anymore but I thought, what the hell.

I was very pleasantly surprized. This cigar was pretty damn good. It had every characteristic of a premium cigar flavor wise. It did burn a little funny but that was fine with me because I just got a new Blazer lighter for Christmas and it gave me a chance to use it more.

I was going to get rid of these sticks but I guess I will keep them now. I am not one for "yard gars" but I guess now i have one that I kind of like.

These were not this good when I 1st got them of course. So age even works on shit too.

I am hesitant, but maybe I will try some of the other sticks from that cooler to see how time has changed them.

I was just going to post about this subject. I was wondering if you go into a cigar store and see those cheap cigars with the yellow cello.......could they be any good? Is it a crap shoot? I've seen some stuff with major yellow.

When I first started smoking I used to like them, kinda grew out of them so to speak. I have some La Floridita Maduros that have been sitting for nearly a year I've been using them as "hand out smokes" looks like I'll have to try one again soon.

Shibumi said:
I was just going to post about this subject. I was wondering if you go into a cigar store and see those cheap cigars with the yellow cello.......could they be any good? Is it a crap shoot? I've seen some stuff with major yellow.
[snapback]269549[/snapback]​
Craps shoot. There is a reason for the yellow cello. They were marginal cigars to begin with. On the other hand, if they were marginal to begin with, they might be good now. I say buy em only if they give you a discount because they are "old" lol

Emo

Hehe,

You'll soon be smoking Backwoods...and loving them ;)

Glad you found a pleasant surprise. That's why it never hurts to have a few trays of miscellaneous smokes around. Good to hand out, and might even turn out tasty.

Ginseng said:
Hehe,

You'll soon be smoking Backwoods...and loving them ;)
[snapback]269662[/snapback]​

Started smoking Backwoods when I was 17! :laugh:

I liked the old LFs but got tired of em after a while. Those old ones were supposed to have had a few years on em already. Never cared for the new/most recent ones. Always nice to find a surprise gem! :thumbs: