• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

20,000 Post Count Users

MilesMingusMonk

Breaking Wind Master
I know this has been brought up at other locations in the forum but as far as I can see there hasn't been much movement in any direction.

Is there going to be a rule regarding the removal of a member's ability to post after they reach the 20,000 post mark?

After posting 20,000 times, is there really anything more to be said? :whistling: ;) :)

Rod has already addressed this issue recently.

Post whores here are generally CP members only. The forum is hidden to all guests, and only visible to members. If members like Kirk are going to scrutinize such posting and be the watchful eye over our community, then stop reading those post. Problem solved. I think Kirk needs to lighten up a bit on his strict rules, and allow small communities like CP to receive occasional post whoring from members like AVB, Gary, and jfields that we support. Another novel idea -- don't discuss post whoring, and don't post about it publicly. Have members called out as a last resort.

There are ways to restrict this forum to members with a post count over 20,000, however that will also limit the number of members we have posting here, as they won't know this forum exists, and the chances of them signing up would be very rare.

Such a thing is done in one form or another in many forums. It seems to work HORRIBLY as far as I have seen. It might also weed out some guys just looking to be seen and heard, if they don't even know there is a hairless gerbil living in their pants while joining they would be less likely to use them.

Just my 2 cents as a newb of this board but a vet of other boards for years..

Rod has already addressed this issue recently.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

:laugh:

Maybe we can have a new sub-forum for the 20,000+ post users, kinda like an elephant burial grounds for post whores? ???

Funny you mention this. I've been thinking about ways to make CP better, and help eliminate some of the post whoring that goes on, and also prevent the bitching and moaning from certain members about how newbies shouldn't be allowed to post in the BST forum. I'm working on a module that will allow you to link to your ebay account, and pull your ebay rating and post it automatically under your name, and in your profile. There is also going to be a trader remarks section on everyone's profile that will propagate trading feedback from ebay right to your CP profile. This should resolve a lot of issues. Who cares if someone with little to no posts wants to buy/sell here? Ebay is VERY reliable when it comes to feedback, so relying on that will eliminate the bitching and moaning from you guys, and allow anyone with good ebay feedback to participate.

As far as creating another forum for post whores, we just went over this recently. While I appreciate your feedback, I'm not about to create any more forums.

souldog - please PM me with a list of forums you're a "vet" on. I might be able to use your expertise on my dream team. We need a way to prevent future people like Kirk from joining. He's such a pain in the ass sometimes.

Now, please excuse me while I go back to work on my new member trading feedback module.

OMG someone took over Rod's account :whistling:

souldog - please PM me with a list of forums you're a "vet" on. I might be able to use your expertise on my dream team. We need a way to prevent future people like Kirk from joining. He's such a pain in the ass sometimes.

Hey Rod,

I'm mostly a Forum Veteran (I prefer this as we think the term "forum vet" is demeaning) on the following boards:

2midgets1dixiecup.com
trampstampbrigade.com
donthatemebecauseimnotwhite.com
hellokittysurprise.com
peeweehermanfanculb.com
howtopleaseyourmidget.com

I'm mostly a moderator on the 2Ms1C Forum and Pee Wee Herman Fanclub.com, but I can lend my viscous "expertise" to any one of you... :D

After some extensive research here is a list of his accomplishments

Linky username: purtypony

linky username: needledick

linky username: cowbirther

Hey Rod,

I'm mostly a Forum Veteran (I prefer this as we think the term "forum vet" is demeaning) on the following boards:

2midgets1dixiecup.com
trampstampbrigade.com
donthatemebecauseimnotwhite.com
hellokittysurprise.com
peeweehermanfanculb.com
howtopleaseyourmidget.com

I'm mostly a moderator on the 2Ms1C Forum and Pee Wee Herman Fanclub.com, but I can lend my viscous "expertise" to any one of you... :D

LOL! OMG WTF is wrong with you Matt?!!?

This thread has real potential. I'm a member of howtopleaseyourmidget.com. Lots of practical stuff on that forum.:thumbs:

Weird I was sure I trolled this thread already. Seems to have disappeared in some sort of attempt to curb my post count.... mods please leave this post intact TIA

I know how important post counts are on Cigarpass, but I'm having trouble coming up with anything useless to say. I'll never get into the postwhore forum at this rate.

:(

I know how important post counts are on Cigarpass, but I'm having trouble coming up with anything useless to say. I'll never get into the postwhore forum at this rate.

:(

Just go blow up the introduce yourself forum. My personal fave is:

Welcome to CP from Wappingers Falls, NY!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

and

Happy Post - Ho! Ho! Ho! - ing ! :thumbs: