• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2004 Cohiba Siglo VI

Matt R

That's #1 Member to you. :)
For the first time in quite some time I had the opportunity to smoke a large cigar. I chose a Cohiba Siglo VI from the initial release, 2004. What's different about this though, was that I had 5 of them that I wrapped in plastic wrap when I bought the box, years ago. The plastic was yellow and wrapped semi-tight around the cigar. These had been sitting in the bottom of a humidor since 2005.I was a bit scared the wrapper would fall off when I unwrapped it. It didn't. The cigar was in pristine shape, just the right humidity/softness. The pre-light was a bit odorless compared to coming out of a box, but still there. It lit up fine, burned a little uneven for the first inch and a half but then evened out. Smoked it down to about 2 inches and enjoyed it the whole time. Classic Cohiba flavor! Now, to smoke the other 4 or give them another 8 years????

Why the plastic wrap?

I have a few Padron Milenium that I have stashed away since we split the box years ago with Devin. I have one every now and then. What a treat!

Edited because I can't remember sh*t anymore.

To be honest I don't know why they were wrapped that way. We were either conduction some kind of experiment in 2005, or I had them wrapped for a pass and then never used them for it.

Man, that sounds like a real treat. Oldest CC I've smoked was a '07 Monte PE, still have 13 or so of those left, those are tasty. I do have a '99 Boli PC sitting in the cooler, but haven't had an occasion to light 'er up yet.

You're still alive! There's no better reason than that to fire it up.

rhetorik said:
Man, that sounds like a real treat. Oldest CC I've smoked was a '07 Monte PE, still have 13 or so of those left, those are tasty. I do have a '99 Boli PC sitting in the cooler, but haven't had an occasion to light 'er up yet.
I picked up a box of ISOM cigars with a box code of the birth month and year for each of my kids. The oldest was born in 1977. Now I'm I'm doing the same with the grand kids. It's kind of fun to show them what I did when they turn 18.

duglynukem said:

I picked up a box of ISOM cigars with a box code of the birth month and year for each of my kids. The oldest was born in 1977. Now I'm I'm doing the same with the grand kids. It's kind of fun to show them what I did when they turn 18.

Dugly, What a great idea thanks . Maybe I'll open the box on my kids wedding days and share the box with friends.