• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2005 Ramon Allones Belicoso

modo22

This review is long over due! I smoked this and reviewed it a few months back. But as most reviews start off; I was gifted this from a very generous man here in our community and he shared with me what he called one of his top favorite smokes!

1st third is so smooth with thick leather and a semi sweet vanilla/chocolate mix. The sweetness is unexpected but welcomed and enjoyable! Every now and then I get a taste of old cedar? The draw is not full smoke, but it is not tight either; with the profile on my pallet it is the perfect amount each draw.

Getting to the half way point the strength picks up. The sweetness has faded and the cigar is becoming more earthy now than before! Passing the half way point there is no harshness at all, I am loving this. It shows great age and is a full sweet earthy draw. I couldn't place the sweetness, but it was a mix of creamy cedar sweetness, I wish I could bottle this!

This is by far the best RA smoke I have ever had; RASS with age was always my fav, but this is kicken its butt.
I am honored to be able to smoke this being the first RE line started.
Thank you Bill, this is now by far in my top 5 as well!!

That looks like it was wonderful. Great review and photos.

Those are a special treat! Many don’t realize what you stated that these are what kicked off the regional editions. Everything after these had the double band. At the time, these sort of flew under the radar of everyone, even in the UK where they were released in 2005.

This review is long over due! I smoked this and reviewed it a few months back. But as most reviews start off; I was gifted this from a very generous man here in our community and he shared with me what he called one of his top favorite smokes!

View attachment 30808

1st third is so smooth with thick leather and a semi sweet vanilla/chocolate mix. The sweetness is unexpected but welcomed and enjoyable! Every now and then I get a taste of old cedar? The draw is not full smoke, but it is not tight either; with the profile on my pallet it is the perfect amount each draw.

View attachment 30809

Getting to the half way point the strength picks up. The sweetness has faded and the cigar is becoming more earthy now than before! Passing the half way point there is no harshness at all, I am loving this. It shows great age and is a full sweet earthy draw. I couldn't place the sweetness, but it was a mix of creamy cedar sweetness, I wish I could bottle this!

View attachment 30810

This is by far the best RA smoke I have ever had; RASS with age was always my fav, but this is kicken its butt.
Excellent review Ben... Very happy you enjoyed this one (one of my favorites)

WTG Bill. I have always enjoyed the RA. Nice review brother, now I fot to look and see if I have one.

These were one of the best RE, and like John said totally under the radar by skipping the second band.

View attachment 30808

View attachment 30809

View attachment 30810

Seven left Ramon Specially Selected 1996 so please send me more...