• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2006 Camacho Corojo Monarca

CarsonTheCat

Don't mind me, I'm just a cat
So....I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the 2006 Camacho Corojo Monarca. I got this from a friend, and have never had a Camacho from any generation. Just wondering what to expect from it, and what its profile is like. Is this a cigar where I should eat beforehand to avoid a huge buzz? I'm guessing it has probably mellowed out a little bit in the last 14 years. I assume you can't get these anymore either, so should I save it for a special occasion?
0827202040a~2.jpg

Smoke it -- you never know what tomorrow brings. It's a lesson hard-learned in this community over the years.

Find a nice, relaxing chunk of time, be it with friends or family or around a campfire or what have you, and light that thing up. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

I can’t speak for how it aged, but those were really good cigars around that time period. I remember really enjoying ROTT.

That was around the time when Christian was finding his footing as the guy who came up with the blends, and not just purchasing tobacco. Prior to that, his father Julio Eiroa was that man and I don’t remember liking them then. They were just typical bitter Honduran cigars then. For that reason, I didn’t want to try them when my local tobacconist tried to push them on me, talking about how great they were. Glad I did. They were really good, what he was putting together. I even remember the Triple Ligero he put together in 2007. Thought he was crazy, and the name made it sound a bit daunting, but it was a damn good cigar as well.
They aren’t the same anymore since he left. Davidoff owns them now. Though that company is legendary in their own right, I guess they didn’t understand the brand, or maybe my taste have changed that much.

These were very good full smokes. Strong but not overly so. Did they mellow? Maybe. Some Opus X smokes, which tend to be full, seem like they never mellow, but the flavors are some of the best, in my opinion. There are 2 cigars that gave me nicotine sickness. One was an Opus X power ranger when I was a newb, not too bad. The one that really kicked my ass and made me stop to smoke something else was a Camacho Coyolar (Christian Eiroa blended). Never smoked one of those again as it tasted like black pepper rolled in ash.

smoke it!