• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2009 Cigar Budget

No wife... no kids... I spend what I want, when I want. Just gotta make sure the mortgage, car, bills, and savings have been taken care of first.

Yep, same here. When there's extra, I spend it on cigars, good bourbon and Scotch, books, tools . . . spent about $800 in the last month, boxes and fivers and singles, but that's really high for me. Usually I figure on about $35-50 a week, plus a box every few months.

~Boar

Generally my cigar budget depends on the overtime i get each paycheck. Anything over 40 hours a week ends up as the budget for the next week.

Depends on how many hours I spend interning and working. I go to school full time, so a lot goes towards bills per semester, but thanks to a killer scholarship I can safely spend a ~hundred a month.

I just blew my cigar budget for the year today. :)

I am sure you won't let that stop you. People are counting on you Moki...People believe in you! :sign:

No wife... no kids... I spend what I want, when I want. Just gotta make sure the mortgage, car, bills, and savings have been taken care of first.

Yeah that's me too

My cigar-related spending is really going to depend on if and when I get a job. Until then, my budget is going to be pretty limited.

After purchasing a cabinet from Bob...and some Holiday Deals, I have been saying to myself "I really need to think about a cigar budget". Darn it! :angry:

I am sure you won't let that stop you. People are counting on you Moki...People believe in you! :sign:

Doesn't really matter... I've got no room, it's a natural purchasing limiter... because I'm too lazy to sell anything.

I might have to, though.

Doesn't really matter... I've got no room, it's a natural purchasing limiter... because I'm too lazy to sell anything.

I might have to, though.

Bah...I have a 3k stick humidor thats sitting empty. I'm sure I can make room for some of your cigars Moki. Now I can't promise their safety other than death by fire. :whistling:

Whatever it is, I'd better stick to it - something I failed at the last month, which will have me eating a steady stream of ramen noodles and rice and beans for the next few. Followed by a nice cigar, of course, so I guess it's not that bad.

I might have to, though.

IF this happened, it would be my cigar budget for the year. :D

Depends on how many hours I spend interning and working. I go to school full time, so a lot goes towards bills per semester, but thanks to a killer scholarship I can safely spend a ~hundred a month.

I wish my son would get a killer scholarship so I could rework my cigar budget!

After purchasing a cabinet from Bob...and some Holiday Deals, I have been saying to myself "I really need to think about a cigar budget". Darn it! :angry:

I expect to have my shelves for my vinotemp by the end of the week (or the following). I have one cooledor setup and I have a backup cooler in the wings as well. So for the time being I am going to let available storage space be my guide other than a few hard to gets I really want. Hopefully Moki will start that sale in a month or so. :whistling: I got a feeling most of my money will go to getting my basement finished.

I agree about using the humidor/coolerdor as a purchasing limiter. At a certain point in time, it starts becoming a burden to sort/store/inventory/re-inventory them. You have to ask yourself if you want to have a lot of time and money invested in tobacco.

One of my pre-new years resolutions was to go through 20 cigars a month in order to keep the flow going. Whether I smoke them or share them is up to the fates, and after spending a while on CP I enjoy one as much as the other. There are some good guys around here, and well-deserving.

I don't have a real budget. For a while I was just buying one smoke every Friday at my local B&M. That was cool until I discovered better smokes, and it doesn't really work so well now. It would be a good idea for me to set a budget. I have been kicking around the idea of a weekend job, maybe just Sat or Sun for a few hours, and that would be cigar funds.

I don't have a real budget. For a while I was just buying one smoke every Friday at my local B&M. That was cool until I discovered better smokes, and it doesn't really work so well now. It would be a good idea for me to set a budget. I have been kicking around the idea of a weekend job, maybe just Sat or Sun for a few hours, and that would be cigar funds.

I usually get a small bonus each year at work. So my budget really is based on that happening or worst case limiting myself to a set amount each month plus a couple special items. I plan to start trying to patronize this one B&M. So I'll end up buying a stick or two from them every week or so.

I am gonna do my best to stay under $100 per month.

That means:

More looking and less buying on here...

Reducing the frequncy I visit the local B&M's

Brown bagging so that when I do go over I can cover the delta.

I have no cigar budget. I don't think I actually want to know what I spend on cigars.

I have no cigar budget. I don't think I actually want to know what I spend on cigars.

Same here, I know I don't want to know what we spend on cigars here, or vodka, or scotch, or wine, etc.....

I would just like to go through 2009 without a clue on things of this nature. :laugh:

Same here, I know I don't want to know what we spend on cigars here, or vodka, or scotch, or wine, etc.....

I would just like to go through 2009 without a clue on things of this nature. :laugh:

Damn sam, your house sounds like good time!!