• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2009 Cigar Budget

I agree about using the humidor/coolerdor as a purchasing limiter. At a certain point in time, it starts becoming a burden to sort/store/inventory/re-inventory them. You have to ask yourself if you want to have a lot of time and money invested in tobacco.

One of my pre-new years resolutions was to go through 20 cigars a month in order to keep the flow going. Whether I smoke them or share them is up to the fates, and after spending a while on CP I enjoy one as much as the other. There are some good guys around here, and well-deserving.

This is exactly what I have been thinking. I would like to get to the point where my cabinet is stocked...then only purchase 1 box or as many singles to meet my monthly consumption. My cabinet will hold around 50 boxes (this includes the drawers). If I limit my yearly consumption to around 12-14 boxes, then I should be able to rotate through stock with a couples years age on them. This is easy on my budget as well. Is all this wishful thinking? Probably! I will probably blow this thinking right out of the water and wished I got a bigger cabinet! :laugh:

I tried organizing my cigars once. It became such a burden that it was just easier to just smoke them and never worry about what I have or don't have. As its just easier to purchase the cigars I will always enjoy and try new ones while on the long road down to KC or back to home from KC. Hell, I never aged any cigars in my little 300 stick humidor. But OpusXKC had finally convinced me to start aging cigars.

Even now...any cigar in my humidor or lockers is at great risk. I don't care what the reason is. A cigar is meant to be smoked. If I had a Opus X Football, I would smoke it immediately and due a review of it. With pictures of course. Life it to short so why wait. :thumbs:

I work PT at the local B&M here, so what ever i get paid, i put toward cigars. I now have a surplus of cigars so I'm branching out to other hobbies. Call it my economic stimulus plan.

I tried organizing my cigars once. It became such a burden that it was just easier to just smoke them and never worry about what I have or don't have. As its just easier to purchase the cigars I will always enjoy and try new ones while on the long road down to KC or back to home from KC. Hell, I never aged any cigars in my little 300 stick humidor. But OpusXKC had finally convinced me to start aging cigars.

Even now...any cigar in my humidor or lockers is at great risk. I don't care what the reason is. A cigar is meant to be smoked. If I had a Opus X Football, I would smoke it immediately and due a review of it. With pictures of course. Life it to short so why wait. :thumbs:

I am with you and I went through a lot of cigars over the holidays. The only thing that is sacred right now is the Chili Pepper from Moki. I think I am going to let that sit for a while but everything else is up for grabs.

I have no cigar budget. I don't think I actually want to know what I spend on cigars.

Same here, I know I don't want to know what we spend on cigars here, or vodka, or scotch, or wine, etc.....

I would just like to go through 2009 without a clue on things of this nature. :laugh:

Damn sam, your house sounds like good time!!

It's fun for now but after the baby is born i'll be back outside smoking with the rest of you mooks. :laugh:

Update: So I am not off to a terribly good start with this budget thing. Not even half way into the month I am about $300 down. Here's where it went:

Payment to MTMOUSE for my Vinotemp drawers and shelves
New Lotus lighter
A hand full of singles in an effort forge a relationship with my local B&M

I think I am done until the Tatuaje event next month at Famous (other than a few singles here and there when I stop into the B&M).

Yeah, well, at least you didn't go to Las Vegas and spend stupid money on cigars and stuff. Only a retard would do that... :D

Yeah, well, at least you didn't go to Las Vegas and spend stupid money on cigars and stuff. Only a retard would do that... :D

Well add me on the retard list because I am planning to hit Vegas in March probably. I'll have my mom's timeshare for a few days. So I can rationalize that the money I would have...could have...spent on a hotel can now go to cigars.

Trick question!!!!! No such thing as a cigar budget.

Everyone knows if you are able to get HTF sticks at retail or even $1-$2 above retail, you will jump on the opportunity.

It's in our male genes. Bro Code 34-791: When the opportunity to buy HTF stogies (Opus X, Anejos, LEs) comes available, you must purchase whether for your own or for the benefit of other Bros.

I did that in london. So I am not sure if im a retard or something else :)

As for budget. I DON'T WANT TO KNOW

Trick question!!!!! No such thing as a cigar budget.

Everyone knows if you are able to get HTF sticks at retail or even $1-$2 above retail, you will jump on the opportunity.

It's in our male genes. Bro Code 34-791: When the opportunity to buy HTF stogies (Opus X, Anejos, LEs) comes available, you must purchase whether for your own or for the benefit of other Bros.

And the church says "Amen"

I'd be interested to know who exactly spends the most, and then see a pic of their collection ;)