• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2009 Opus X/Anejo Superbowl Box Pool(s)

Swifty

Dismember
Welcome to the 2009 Opus X/Anejo Superbowl Box Pool!

(For those who are not familiar with a box pool look HERE.)

The rules are pretty much the same as LAST YEAR with a few exceptions, not the least of which is the addition of a second pool due to increased interest.

If you wish to enter please read this entire post carefully.

Here's how it works:

Any member of this board is eligible to participate.
Those who have friends on other boards who wish to participate must do it through you. Only your name will appear on the boxes chosen by you and your friends. If any of your boxes win you can either have me send the winnings to you or you can make arrangements with me to have them sent to any winners not on this board.

Prizes:

200 Fuente Opus X/Anejo cigars

*Final - 100 Opus X/Anejo cigars
3rd Quarter - 25 Opus X/Anejo cigars
Half - 50 Opus X/Anejo cigars
1st Quarter - 25 Opus X/Anejo cigars

Entry Fee:

The entry fee is 2 cigars per box......

Possible entry fees per box are:

2 Opus X or
2 Anejo or
1 Opus X and 1 Anejo

How To Enter:

Go HERE and choose your box/es (limit of 2 boxes per pool at this time. more boxes per person may be allowed if the second pool does not fill up). (Big thanks to Bruce (NullSmurf) for setting up the automated grid again this year!). If the first grid is full you may scroll down to the 2nd grid and choose your box(es) there. Do not pick boxes on the second grid until the first one is full! You then have 3 days (Sundays and holidays not included) to PM me with a DC# or a tracking# . If you intend on buying more boxes as/if they become available please PM me right away so I know that you will be waiting to ship all your sticks in one box. If I do not receive hear from you within 3 days you may be removed from the pool until you choose new boxes (if available) and PM me with the box numbers and a DC# or tracking#. I know this seems rigid but I do not want to deal with making sure all sticks are accounted for at the last minute. I need to receive all the sticks in a timely fashion so I have time to post pictures and draw numbers before game day. If you are having time/shipping issues please PM me right away.

Send your entry fee to me(address is in my profile).

When you send your entry fee please include a note with the following info:

* Your name (real and screen).

* Your current mailing address.

* Your box numbers.

* A list of the cigars you have sent.

Once I have received all entry fees the numbers (0-9 for the two sides AFC and NFC of the grid) will be drawn using an automated random number generator that Bruce has provided.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Good Luck Everyone!

I don't wanna be Captain Technical of the Minor Details Club here... but shouldn't this go in the Sports subforum?

Edit: Doesn't bother me either way... just sayin'.

Edit2: Someone bet 12-15-85 and I guarantee you'll win ;).

I missed out last year but I'm in now! Thanks for administering all of this Khris.

- Tim

Grabbed two spots, will be home tomorrow and send sticks out then.

Thanks

I am in. Smokes will go out Monday. Thanks for setting this up.. :thumbs:

Thanks Khris I picked up 2 spots and will have them sent out Monday AM.

Cheers.

You da man Swifty. Thanks again for stepping up and running this big bad board. I see you are looking to have a second board this year very impressive work for the brothers.

Thanks for hosting this again, Khris! I signed up for the max of two squares. I'd gladly take more, if necessary. I have to give you all a chance to win some back! :D

I don't wanna be Captain Technical of the Minor Details Club here... but shouldn't this go in the Sports subforum?

Edit: Doesn't bother me either way... just sayin'.

Edit2: Someone bet 12-15-85 and I guarantee you'll win ;).

I thought about that briefly, but this pool has always been posted in the lobby(before there was a sports subforum) and I figured that is where people would be looking for it.

Khris,

Thank you for doing this. My end will be handed next Thurs at our weekly.

Best,

Joe

Edited to add; Kudos Bruce! :thumbs:

Thanks Swifty for hosting this bad boy! Bruce, once again nice job on the grid work!

Now everyone fill this sucker up so I can get additional squares in the second one!

I picked up two spots, and sent you a PM! Thank you for doing this. :thumbs:

PS- What Charlie said! :laugh:

Did I win?

Yeah baby, this is one of the best pools out there. I was lucky to win big one year! WooHoo :thumbs:

Got to get in on this. Sticks will be sent Monday. Thanks for running this.

Since we're using my software to chose numbers, I'm staying out unless absolutely needed to push us over. Have some fun, fellas.

A sincere thank-you to Bruce and Khris for their work and efforts on getting this set up. :thumbs:
In for two on the first matrix, 57 & 89