• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2009 - The year that keeps on taking

Hylan85

I don't know what to say. This year has sucked for a lot of people. And as the new year is coming around, everyone is having high hopes of better things to come in 2010. But 2009 decided it was not done yet.

On December 30, 2009 at 4:00 AM, 2009 took from this world an obstinate fighter, a bull, a caring and generous woman, a holocaust survivor, a widowed mother of two... but most importantly my grandmother. She was a woman with a lot of history, she could've written her own history books.

She narrowly survived death by the Hitler regime in Poland, yet her family was not as lucky, and many years later, a couple of stairs managed to defeat her.

We're not very religious people, so I can't say I'd like a prayer, maybe some help controlling myself, but, I honestly don't know what I want other than to have her back.

Life's not fair, fuck you 2009.

Not a prayer, but something that has always helped me through these times:

"Cattle die, kinsmen die,
We ourselves die too.
One thing I know that doesn't die:
The good name we leave behind.

Cattle die, kinsmen die,
We ourselves die too.
One thing I know that doesn't die:
The fame of each dead one's deeds."

Those we remember with love are never far from us.

Strength and weal to you and yours. It's never easy, but eventually, the memories outweigh the grief.

~Boar

Sorry to hear this Daniel. 2009 has been a bad year for a lot of people. Lets hope 2010 improves for everyone.

Take care bruv.

All my thoughts and sympathy to you and your family stay strong bro

Be strong Daniel in these very tough times, I hope 2010 is a better year for all.

My condolences to you and your family. Nothing can replace those that are lost. Keep them in your heart and part of them will survive. Keep your chin up Daniel!

"Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal."

Sorry to hear of your loss Daniel, I hope you can find comfort in the family you have around you still. Best wishes for you my friend.

Condolences to you and your family my friend. It sounds like she was an incredible woman, may she rest in peace.

I am sorry for your loss. I hope that 2010 brings more positives to you and yours then negatives.

thoughts are with you.

My condolences. Hope things get brighter for you and your loved ones.

Really sorry to hear. And hoping for a better year to come.

Danny, I've known you for a while now and the one thing I know about you is that you're resilient. You'll get through this Bud and hopefully things will look up next year with your new job!

I will keep your family in my thoughts, it is never east losing a loved on

My thoughts are with you and your family; 2010 will be better. 2009 sucked for a lot of people.

Sorry for your loss :( thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

I appreciate all the condolences fellas.

We buried her on December 31, it's almost like the ending to a bad story. However, it's a new year now, and the mourning is over (at least I keep telling myself that), in my mind, what happens this year is in celebration of 87 years of her life, so it will be better.

Thanks again, I hope everyone has a good year.