• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2012 Habanos Discontinuations

Though not my favorite, I think that the BCE does indeed continue to deserve a regular production spot.

The LGC Tainos are a pleasant smoke, though I can't say their deletion surprises me...

I will miss the VRs more than anything, being that overall it is my favorite marca...

Who knows what goes on in the minds of HSA? :)

I think some of the earlier guys have hit it on the head. Delete regular production lines and create more and more and more limited, regional, special, etc., editions that they can charge 150-200% for.

I think some of the earlier guys have hit it on the head. Delete regular production lines and create more and more and more limited, regional, special, etc., editions that they can charge 150-200% for.

Yeah, I know...just a little venting... ;)

Logically, you would think that lower sales figures would dictate these things, and it would be interesing to see how the figures compare with the deletions. That way it wouldn't seem like such a crap shoot every year.

As for the ELs and ERs... I jsut wish that more of them were actually worth the extra coin... (imho of course)

Whoa! Some of those are surprising to me. While the Trinidads are indeed pricey, IMHO they still beat a bunch of the LE/RE that cost more. Oh well who really gives a hoot, it is only cigars and we can't get them in the USA anyway. ;)

Trini fundadore, very mellow but filled with richness. great burn also.. pity i only have two left.

It seems funny a guy running a website for cigars - and one that speaks of Cubans - would have incorrect information.

Unless of course you have inside information?

It doesn't surprise me that the Trinidad Robusto Extra is getting the axe. Its overpriced, and never seemed to get good reviews, but with some age its one of my favorite smokes. I'm going to miss it.

Same here, I really love that thing, I'm going to have to pick up a few more boxes quick.

It doesn't surprise me that the Trinidad Robusto Extra is getting the axe. Its overpriced, and never seemed to get good reviews, but with some age its one of my favorite smokes. I'm going to miss it.

Same here, I really love that thing, I'm going to have to pick up a few more boxes quick.

Good idea, if you really love em.

Its my understanding that Trini Robusto T's and Extras might not wind up getting the axe officially

I gotta say, they aren't getting mentioned here much, but Sancho Panza Molinas are excellent with age. They will be missed, by me at least.

Just an update: It looks like the entire Trinidad line is on hold, for at least a good while. Here's the linky:
http://www.halfwheel.com/?p=26606
Stock up now. At least that's what they want you to do!