• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2018 College Football Bowl pickem

modo22

I have set up our 2018 CP group!!! THIS WILL BE OUR 8th YEAR!!! Lets get another fun group together.

Link below to last years league
https://www.cigarpass.com/community/threads/college-football-bowl-pickem-year-7-signups.77788/

ESPN is a little confusing when renewing a group, so let me know if this didn't work....

This game challenges you to select the winners of each of the NCAA college football bowl games. You can play with a Confidence scoring system (assign confidence points to your picks).
Get in the action now:
http://fantasy.espn.com/college-bowl-mania/2018/en/group?ex_cid=bowlmania2016_email&groupID=215038&groupp=Y2lnYXJwYXNz&inviteuser=ezNBNzZBRkIxLTI2NjYtNDk0MC1CNkFGLUIxMjY2NkM5NDA0Mn0=&invitesource=email

Group: CP CF Bowling 2018
Password: cigarpass

Max entry this year is 2 per person. Remember this is scored based on confidence scoring, if you have questions, let me know.
Mike and his better half dominate this every year!!! Let's try and earn some back this year.
This year’s Entry:
** 5 sticks entry, $8 minimum on stick value. First and second place win sticks with first sending something to the biggest loser. If we get more players this year we may add a third place payout. Open to all CP members, no asshats though as decided by the community.
Once everyone signs up we will all be on the honor system. I will assign who ships to whom once the winners are announced.
The honor system worked the last FIVE years now, we will do the same this year, do not screw it up! If you are new to CP with in the last 3 months I may ask you to send your end now and I will hold them until the end; don’t be offended if this is the case.

*****THIS WILL START DECEMBER 15th!!! First game is 11AM CST Saturday Dec. 15th. YOU MUST have your picks in by then.

Last edited:
Glad to see some new folks and some returning wanting to play. But please remember, you have to click on the espn link above join the league, and enter your team, and make your picks!

Okay, I think I figured it out. If you don't see me in the league let me know and I'll try again.

Just a reminder this starts Saturday. Get your team set up and picks made now! Entries right now; I have 2, Mike has 2, Nihon has 1.

@Maduro Clint , @Brickhouse , @CigSid do you guys still want to play?

Should we lower the entry to 3 cigars to make this more appealing? Or keep it at 5 and up the minimum?

Ok, this is it. Last chance to get in. Bowls start at 11am CST!
As of now, for our 8th year, we have;
Nihon_Ni - 1 entry
Tall Paul - 1 entry
Maduro Clint - 1 entry
CigSid - 1 entry
Modo22 - 2 entry
StatHaldol - 1 entry
Mikes Better half - 1 entry

Thats (8) entries; 40 cigars. Looks like we will just pay off 1st and 2nd place. How does this sound, 1st-25 cigars and 2nd-15 cigars....so net 20/10 to winner.

ANNNND as always, 1st place must send something to the last place team! Doesn't need to be cigars, but could be something college team related or a unicorn shirt with glitter?

Good Luck guys, we will need it against Mike and Christy.
ETA: I looked back at the last few years and here is what it looked like:
2017 - Christy-1st place; 2016 - Christy-1st place; 2015 - Mike-1st place & Christy-2nd place

Last edited:
Ok, this is it. Last chance to get in. Bowls start at 11am CST!
As of now, for our 8th year, we have;
Nihon_Ni - 1 entry
Tall Paul - 1 entry
Maduro Clint - 1 entry
CigSid - 1 entry
Modo22 - 2 entry
StatHaldol - 1 entry
Mikes Better half - 1 entry

Thats (8) entries; 40 cigars. Looks like we will just pay off 1st and 2nd place. How does this sound, 1st-25 cigars and 2nd-15 cigars....so net 20/10 to winner.

ANNNND as always, 1st place must send something to the last place team! Doesn't need to be cigars, but could be something college team related or a unicorn shirt with glitter?

Good Luck guys, we will need it against Mike and Christy.
ETA: I looked back at the last few years and here is what it looked like:
2017 - Christy-1st place; 2016 - Christy-1st place; 2015 - Mike-1st place & Christy-2nd place
Wow...Christy killing it. Do we just ship our cigars to her now?

Man, the competition is stiff! 84% and I'm only 4/8. I might as well get my sticks ready to ship!! :)

Man, the competition is stiff! 84% and I'm only 4/8. I might as well get my sticks ready to ship!! :)
Still a long ways to go! I am not a fan on how ESPN shows the details and organizes the rankings...but at 84%, you are not out of it by any means.