• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2019 College Football Bowl pickem-Christy Wins

modo22

Ok, its that time of year again. I think we will have to go with ESPN again since I don't see Yahoo opening this back up :( But it works ok last year.

Link to last years thread;

This game challenges you to select the winners of each Bowl Game. You can play with a Straight scoring system (just pick the winners!) or a Confidence scoring system (take your picks and rank 'em! The more confident you are, the more points you get for a win). Best of all the game is FREE to play!

Get in the action now:

Group: CP CF Bowl Pickem 2019
Password: cigarpass
If you are having trouble getting in, let me know and I can try to help. The ESPN set up is not the most user friendly.

Max entry this year is 2 per person. Remember this is scored based on confidence scoring, if you have questions, let me know.
This year’s Entry:
** 5 sticks entry, $8 minimum on stick value. First and second place win sticks with first sending something to the biggest loser. If we get more players this year we may add a third place payout. Open to all CP members, no asshats though as decided by the community.
Once everyone signs up we will all be on the honor system. I will assign who ships to whom once the winners are announced.
The honor system worked the last SIX years now, we will do the same this year, do not screw it up! If you are new to CP with in the last 3 months I may ask you to send your end now and I will hold them until the end; don’t be offended if this is the case.

Who wants to play!?

Also, I want to add a few notes....
First,
Here was last years standings;
1st - Christy
2nd - TallPaul
3rd - Modo22
4th - Nihon_Ni
5th - StatHaldol
6th - Maduro Clint
7th - Modo22.2
8th - CigSid

Christy has now WON THREE YEARS in a row!!!! Damn!

Second,
After re-reading last years thread and already having issues trying to re-up our league from last year; the ESPN version of this is terrible!
We can stick with that as we can all at least follow along digitally. Or, I would be happy to run this by hand and through a google doc or something. The biggest change would be having to turn in ALL our picks before the start of the bowl games and we would not be able to change anything as time goes on. What are your thoughts on this?

Count Christy and me in. Maybe ESPN has gotten their fecal matter together since last year.

Bump! First bowl is December 20. So we have time but curious if anyone still wants to play this one.

I'll play again. I was happy with the ESPN host last year, but I didn't really see the issues others described. Perhaps I just didn't pay enough attention to see them, idk?

Bowl games start Friday...I am not sure we have enough to play this year? I hate to cancel this after 5 years; but we have seen declining numbers for the last few years now.
As for myself, with the way the holidays are falling this year, I don't have time to really invest alot into this. Maybe over the next day or so we can get some more to sign up!?

Bowl games start Friday...I am not sure we have enough to play this year? I hate to cancel this after 5 years; but we have seen declining numbers for the last few years now.
As for myself, with the way the holidays are falling this year, I don't have time to really invest alot into this. Maybe over the next day or so we can get some more to sign up!?

I’m ok either way. I’m in a few others. Thanks for giving it a try!!

I think this is getting lost in all the SS threads.

If we don't get any other takers, we could just do a winner take all, plus the usual booby prize for last place.

I think we pull it this year! Sorry, but there is just not enough interest. And with the holidays and work falling on the days they are this year, I'm not going to be able to play like normal.
Sorry guys!!

We are canceling the Bowl pickem this year and naming Christy the winner of 2019!!! It was going to happen again anyways ;):D

We will see if we can get more players and return in 2020!

We are canceling the Bowl pickem this year and naming Christy the winner of 2019!!! It was going to happen again anyways ;):D

We will see if we can get more players and return in 2020!

Thanks for trying! If anyone wants to join another one, I’m in one named Orlando Bowl Pickem. Each person puts in $20. They usually have about 60 players. The pot gets pretty hefty!