• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2021-16 Por Larranaga Petit Corona (LGR October 2019) *Second Edition

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
I feel as if I'm getting used to this flavor profile at this point. These are really good, but lets see how this one held up to the first.
1/3: Salt and mineral. So in looking back to the first example, I had salt, but I also had melon, and rind. None of that on this version.
2/3: Salt and pretzel with a little bit of mustard, though the salt begins to die down. So the first edition was also a bit one dimensional, but the first edition also was focused on saltiness and pepper. I didn't get the spice of the pepper this time, though mustard and pretzel are right on top of white pepper. So assuming that these flavors are displayed in some sort of relationship-al order, then I was pretty consistent for the middle third on both of the PLPCs!
3/3: Wasabi, vinegar and soap. The spicy wasabi dies down and the vinegar and soap continue. Eventually it shifts to some sort of pepper and something sweet. Maybe nutmeg or cinnamon, I don't know. I was very curious to see how this go-round compared to the first one because I know I didn't get wasabi or vinegar before. Smokey is what I put down for the first edition, which is nowhere on the flavor wheel. The closest I can think of when it comes to "smokey" would be the other side of the wheel, so I don't know what to say there. Well, whatever, both were delicious. Thanks again!3C501A78-4C1A-4494-AB74-15FECF42E819.jpeg

Were you eating sushi while smoking this by chance? Nice Review Jon!

John all these reviews are too cool I think you should become an ambassador for the cigar industry. 👍

Excellent review, Jon! So, obviously you are giving 100% attention to each draw on your review sticks, and that is appropriate for such an endeavor. Are you approaching every cigar like this, using the TCA flavor wheel to try and discern every nuance, or do you just puff away and occasionally have a lightbulb light up where, "Oh, that's whatever flavor...", and get back into the "ENJOY / DON'T ENJOY / WOULD KILL A NUN JUST TO SEE ANOTHER ONE OF THESE ON THE INTERNET EVEN IF IT IS SOLD OUT"? I'm sure that after paying such close attention to these (and other) cigars, that you are just naturally picking out some of the more obscure notes now, no? That's cool that you are able to do that!

Excellent review, Jon! So, obviously you are giving 100% attention to each draw on your review sticks, and that is appropriate for such an endeavor. Are you approaching every cigar like this, using the TCA flavor wheel to try and discern every nuance, or do you just puff away and occasionally have a lightbulb light up where, "Oh, that's whatever flavor...", and get back into the "ENJOY / DON'T ENJOY / WOULD KILL A NUN JUST TO SEE ANOTHER ONE OF THESE ON THE INTERNET EVEN IF IT IS SOLD OUT"? I'm sure that after paying such close attention to these (and other) cigars, that you are just naturally picking out some of the more obscure notes now, no? That's cool that you are able to do that!
It is getting easier to pick out the flavor nuances as I keep doing these reviews. In doing this latest one, I went back to look at what I wrote down from last summer, when I did my first PLPC review and it was a fraction of what I am able to do now.
So to share how I’ve approached this and the previous ones for this year, I try to evaluate each puff, or evaluate a series of puffs with regards to the flavor wheel. Sometimes I get a flavor and it is gone before I can find anything close to it. Other times I’m jotting down nuance after nuance like I did with the RE one I had a few weeks ago. I will admit that sometimes I think scouring the flavor wheel has influenced me to put down a flavor, but I think that is very rare. The flavor wheel has lead me to going into the spice drawer on more than one occasion and sniff the various spices to see if what I think X smells like is really that.

It is getting easier to pick out the flavor nuances as I keep doing these reviews. In doing this latest one, I went back to look at what I wrote down from last summer, when I did my first PLPC review and it was a fraction of what I am able to do now.
So to share how I’ve approached this and the previous ones for this year, I try to evaluate each puff, or evaluate a series of puffs with regards to the flavor wheel. Sometimes I get a flavor and it is gone before I can find anything close to it. Other times I’m jotting down nuance after nuance like I did with the RE one I had a few weeks ago. I will admit that sometimes I think scouring the flavor wheel has influenced me to put down a flavor, but I think that is very rare. The flavor wheel has lead me to going into the spice drawer on more than one occasion and sniff the various spices to see if what I think X smells like is really that.
I will admit that sometimes I think scouring the flavor wheel has influenced me to put down a flavor, but I think that is very rare. The flavor wheel has lead me to going into the spice drawer on more than one occasion and sniff the various spices to see if what I think X smells like is really that.

Love it!

Another great review. I don’t think I’ve ever tasted mustard, vinegar or wasabi with a PLPC, but will try to concentrate on these flavors the next time I smoke one.

Another great review. I don’t think I’ve ever tasted mustard, vinegar or wasabi with a PLPC, but will try to concentrate on these flavors the next time I smoke one.
I don’t know if I was subconsciously walking down the condiment aisle at Wegmans or not but I was surprised too!