• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2021-20 Bolivar Coronas Gigantes (POS ENE 2007)

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
Another cigar from Yoda! "aged for the just right amount of time for these". So yeah, my expectation level is starting off kinda high. And just to put the age into perspective, I joined CP a year before these were boxed.
1/3: This starts off a tad bit tight, so I have to use my "sipping" skill which I have been perfecting this year, though once this got going, everything harmonized up perfectly. This starts off with vanilla, a little bit of white pepper and something with a little sweetness that I cannot identify. Perhaps nutmeg?
2/3: I was a little bit surprised by this but we went from sweetness to vinegar, soap and mushroomy. I did not dislike it, but you do kinda wonder what is up with your taste buds when you think nutmeg in one thought and vinegar in the next thought.
3/3: Ah, yes, back to sweetness. Cocoa powder, certainly nutmeg and a bit of cinnamon. And another curve ball- this ends with vinegar and mushroom.
This was a long smoke. A hour and a half, easily. Maybe even close to two! Same brand name with the last one, the petit belicosos, but completely different flavors. Also, the wrapper colors were vastly different with this being straw colored and the petit being almost maduro! I enjoyed it.10340045-9C11-4788-B82F-B4DBA3EDCD88.jpeg

Another great review Jon, but I got to be honest, I have never had vinegar in these...

Another great review Jon, but I got to be honest, I have never had vinegar in these...
Hmm, well then they must be defective. Send the rest to me for QC purposes. Just kidding! I have wondered if the tastes I remember from the last review stick in my head and influence my current review.

where I get vinegar, what do you get?

Another one they should have never discontinued! Nice review.

I am actually curious if you have new cigars next to the older ones and perhaps the ammonia released by the newer ones is to blame. It may be a stretch but could that ammonia/harshness be confused for vinegar ?

I am actually curious if you have new cigars next to the older ones and perhaps the ammonia released by the newer ones is to blame. It may be a stretch but could that ammonia/harshness be confused for vinegar ?
No, this bag of cigars holds all aged cigars.