• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2021-24 Montecristo No. 1 (1970)

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
A cigar from 1970! What more can I say? I wasn't even born yet. It smells a little leathery and the cold draw is a bit of old hay left in an old barn.
1/3: The milk leftover from a bowl of Golden Grahams cereal is what I'm getting for most of the first third. About half way through the first third, I also begin to get charred wood.
2/3: Burnt ends and fresh cut grass/hay.
3/3: Butter toasted bread with cinnamon but no sugar. It ends with almond paste joining the buttered toast.

So no flavor wheel on this, and now I'm getting full meals when it comes to flavor, not just individual ingredients! This cigar was a lot of fun to smoke. I like how it stayed consistent and allowed me to just marinate on the flavors. Thank you Secret Cigar Provider!E13DA55C-9638-43C5-8B48-F05E3409F3AC.jpeg

Though I appreciate the flavor wheel reviews, I actually like your "honest take" better. I have a feeling that having so many options available on the flavor wheel influenced your thinking a little bit, making you feel compelled and obligated to find something on there since you were relying on it for your reviews. Nothing wrong with finding different flavors on there, and I'm sure it legit helped you pull out and name some of the things you were getting from the cigars, but I'd also bet that you were erroneously (though not intentionally) mislabeling some that you couldn't quite place, but needed a name for.

Though I appreciate the flavor wheel reviews, I actually like your "honest take" better. I have a feeling that having so many options available on the flavor wheel influenced your thinking a little bit, making you feel compelled and obligated to find something on there since you were relying on it for your reviews. Nothing wrong with finding different flavors on there, and I'm sure it legit helped you pull out and name some of the things you were getting from the cigars, but I'd also bet that you were erroneously (though not intentionally) mislabeling some that you couldn't quite place, but needed a name for.
That is a fair statement. We have 3 left in this years review so I will be interested in y’all’s feed back on the post flavor wheel reviews verses the flavor wheel reviews.

You throwing out a lot of big words. I’m going to take that as a sign of disrespect! Watch yo self!!!

Nice review Jon! Those old cigars are awesome! Next old Monte you smoke, see if you get any graphite. You’ll know if you ever mindlessly stuck the tip of a pencil in your mouth while doing schoolwork.

Nice review Jon! Those old cigars are awesome! Next old Monte you smoke, see if you get any graphite. You’ll know if you ever mindlessly stuck the tip of a pencil in your mouth while doing schoolwork.

graphite was exactly what I got in the first 1/3 of the Monte no3 from the 70s. And then graham cracker and baking spice towards the middle and end