• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

30 year old vintage smoke

jaypee

Who in So Cal could give a good evaluation on some 30 YO unopened box of smokes ?

They are not for sale.

Send them to me,Indiana is the proper temp and humidity to smoke 30 year old smokes.I will let you know if they were any good :sign:

Who in So Cal could give a good evaluation on some 30 YO unopened box of smokes ?

There are some folks here, as well as CF who you could contact.

I would also ask for pictures...and how were they stored?

Are you refering to these Cerdan

I bought a couple of boxes and handed them out. Meh.

Here's the story on the cigars;

They were stored in a very old humi in s basement in Connecticut. The owner, who had passed away was a Lt. Commander in the USN.
An acquaintance of mine came across these particular smokes during the estate sale and thought I would be interested. Of the 4 boxes two were previously opened, a box of Monte's No 3 Cabinet Selection with the bottom of the box stamped with "Made in las Palmas Spain" and a box of H Upmann singulares in a aluminum tubes and wrapped in what I call rice paper. Only 13 remain in the box of 25.

The other two boxes are sealed and have never been opened;

H Upmann Especiales cellophane
Partagas Super Partagas cellophane

The good stuff: The singulares, especiales and super partagas have Tabacos en comision stamps and export stamps from cuba.

My limited research has put these in the early 80's. I also have some singles of Maria Guerrero and others but without boxes in would be difficult
to verify origin.

I will post pics ASAP

Any help would be appreciated.

link to pics http://mysite.verizon.net/resu43om/id1.html

I am 99% sure these are real cubans.

The series codes are AF and AG. It just seems that there is a lot of info for years prior to and after the early and mid 80's. I would really like to have my research confirmed and a value placed on them so I could have them insured, God forbid my house would burn down, I would be snorting the ashes for a week after. I also have a Jamaican Mac and a Cuban Jose Piedra from the collection. Mac stopped production in Jamaica in the mid 80's.

I have about 30 other loose sticks of various mfr.

Who do you suggest I go to ?

Hey souldog, if u would like to try the H upmann Humi tube I could give one to you. I have family in Murrieta and Canyon Lake. Send me a PM and we could do the logistics.

If you're here for validation on your cigars, you're here for the wrong reason.

I'd suggest you smoke the cigars and stop worrying about value.

Your cigars are not insurable.

CP0010
A. Coverage
2. Property Not Covered
e. Contraband, or property in the course of illegal transportation or trade

This is a commercial ISO form, but I'm sure the personal form has a like exclusion.

To bfreebern,

Would you really smoke them ?

Would you take a 1961 Ferrari 250 Gt California Spyder and enter it in a figure 8 race ?

Would you share a bottle of 1982 Chateau Latour, Pauillac with some bowling buddies ?

I find your jumble of non sequiturs and irrelevant observations to be nothing but comedic.

In Jest,

Jaypee

Would you really smoke them ?

I would. Unless I was planning on selling them. Are you going to sell them or just look at them?

Would you take a 1961 Ferrari 250 Gt California Spyder and enter it in a figure 8 race ?

Oh hell yeah! Although if I had a choice and money was no option, I would drive a Veyron as a daily driver. Ohhh, think of the experience!

Would you share a bottle of 1982 Chateau Latour, Pauillac with some bowling buddies ?

I'd probably enjoy it with good friends, if that's what you're asking...

I find your jumble of non sequiturs and irrelevant observations to be nothing but comedic.

Pumpkin.