• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SweetMelissa

Sweet Innocent Angel
If you haven't seen it...go now...that was amazing! I loved Sin City and I know you really can't compare the two, but I enjoyed 300 SO much more...I would watch that over and over I do believe...

Melly

Sin City was overrated faux noir crap...That's why I'm waiting for DVD of 300

Just my thoughts :)

Good talk last night.

It does look like a badass movie. We'll definitely be renting this one.

I have to wait another 2 weeks for the premiere here :p

I saw it last night and liked it for the most part. The folks I went to see it with and I kept laughing at some of the cheezier elements, such as:

1. Xerxes looked like a friggin' drag queen

2. The hunchback guy reminded me of Golum from Lord of the Rings.

3. The girl next to me asked what was on the hunchback's back. I replied, "it's not a toomah" (in my best Schwarzenegger voice). I wish someone would have sliced that thing off!

I saw it last night and liked it for the most part. The folks I went to see it with and I kept laughing at some of the cheezier elements, such as:

1. Xerxes looked like a friggin' drag queen

2. The hunchback guy reminded me of Golum from Lord of the Rings.

3. The girl next to me asked what was on the hunchback's back. I replied, "it's not a toomah" (in my best Schwarzenegger voice). I wish someone would have sliced that thing off!

This made me almost shower my keyboard in coffee.

and yes Xerxes kinda made me uncomfortable... especially when he touched our beloved hero.... creepy

Good Movie, not great in my opinion. But it's very unique. Not a lot of developing story and dialogue, but they make up for it in pure bad ass Spartan style killing. I give it a b+

Sin City was overrated faux noir crap...That's why I'm waiting for DVD of 300

Just my thoughts :)

Good talk last night.

I'm pretty sure I agree with you, but like you to define faux noir.

The problem with Sin City lies in its stance towards its seriousness. Now I believe this movie was intended to be serious attempt at a film noir movie AND also to parody it. This can't be in my opinion...you need to choose one or the other. He TOTALLY misses the role of females in film noir and many of its nuances in general or maybe he is just trying to make a parody of it. I don't care to figure it out because its impossible. So faux noir would be either a horrible perception of what film noir is or a parody of film noir; either way it sucks.

Don't get me wrong, there's good film noir (Maltese Falcon) and good parody films (Shaun of the Dead), but this doesn't come close to either.

I saw it today... it was awesome! thousad shivers on my back, opened mouth and big eyes! Man that movie is a graphics masterpiece! :thumbs:

Went to see this movie with my dad. Awesome man movie if I do say so myself. I recommend it to everyone!

Just a TAAAAAAADD off on the historical side but hey nobody said they wanted a history lesson. :laugh:

I saw it today... it was awesome! thousad shivers on my back, opened mouth and big eyes! Man that movie is a graphics masterpiece! :thumbs:

My thoughts exactly. I will see this movie again, and again.

madnessspartazi5.gif

rotfl :D

Finally got to see this yesterday afternoon....fuggin' awesome!! :thumbs: It's my new favorite movie.

Oh yea awsome movie! Definately something you have to see in the Theater