• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

5,000 post contest

Here is a bad pic of most of my 2843 vinyl items.......known as records to us slightly older folks :p
avb-albums.jpg
That's quite a collection; probably 4X what I have, very nice. Any particular genre you favor? I collect mostly classical as I've found it's easier to get LPs in good condition (and I like the music).

Whata do you use to play them?

It is almost all Rock of one form or another. 1963-1990 with just a few after that because the CDs take over in ’90.

I use a Pioneer PL-L1000 Tangential Tracking turntable with an Audio Technica OC-9 moving coil cartridge fed into an AT-100 pre-preamp. If the record is borrowed or used I’ll check it out the first time with a Shure M44 cartridge just in case there is something I didn’t see which would eat my OC-9.

WRXpilot said:
[snapback]226172[/snapback]​

AVB said:
It is almost all Rock of one form or another. 1963-1990 with just a few after that because the CDs take over in ’90.

I use a Pioneer PL-L1000 Tangential Tracking turntable with an Audio Technica OC-9 moving coil cartridge fed into an AT-100 pre-preamp. If the record is borrowed or used I’ll check it out the first time with a Shure M44 cartridge just in case there is something I didn’t see which would eat my OC-9.

WRXpilot said:
[snapback]226172[/snapback]​
[snapback]226236[/snapback]​

Not being an audio guy, I did not understand ONE WORD of that! :laugh:

AVB said:
Wow, nice setup. Puts my humble rig to shame, I'm running the baby Music Hall mmf2.1 w/ it's included Goldring cartridge. That OC-9 cartridge sure gets a lot of positive user reviews though, if I ever upgrade to MC I'll definitely be checking it out.

I opened my door this morning and there was a little rectangular box sitting on my steps. My first thought was
yahoo.gif

I took it inside and ripped it apart like a 10 year old on Christmas morning.
hyper.gif

As soon as I got the contents out, I was speechless :0

I can't stop staring at the deliciousness before me
drool.gif

Wow, I'm truly not worthy
notworthy.gif

Thank you AVB! :blush:

Glad it got there so quickly. Hopefully, there are a few that are new to you and that you'll like.